Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anywhere in the World

Go down 
+9
SheWolf
Jäger
1moreroad
skierd
ZED
lancek
INSTIGATOR
WRRSam
motokid
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Anywhere in the World Empty
PostSubject: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:11 pm

If you could move to any place on Earth right now and live there for the rest of your life where would you go?

Would you leave your "home" country?

I'm thinking New Zealand. But I might be persuaded to change my mind..... Anywhere in the World 986936

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:24 pm

motokid wrote:

I'm thinking New Zealand. But I might be persuaded to change my mind..... Anywhere in the World 986936
bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert bert

Sorry, Just don't tell an Australian you like New Zealand.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Anywhere in the World 851577
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:45 pm

You know Kiwi's (New Zealanders) invented Velcro?

Ahhh let the flaming begin...

Still would be an amazingly beautiful place to ride!
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 pm

lancek wrote:
You know Kiwi's (New Zealanders) invented Velcro?

Ahhh let the flaming begin...

Still would be an amazingly beautiful place to ride!

The handguards we all put on our WRR's were invented in Australia along with lots of really important things like the Hills Hoist, Vegemite and the dual flush toliet. poser2 Don't worry we invented the Ute (pick up truck).

Back on topic if you want some where to move come down here (South coast Western Australia) nothing beats riding along a white beach at 100kmph Very happy .
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 am

Assuming that I could make a suitable living or didn't have to worry about such things as that or imigration issues my choices would be:
1. Italy (In the hills near Tuscany) freaky
2. Oregon (In the wine region some 50 miles from the coast) droooool
3. The Kootenay's Man! wings (B.C. for those not in the know, eh!)

I've always felt at home where ever I set up my base. I'd be willing to move far away no problem.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:24 am

I'd move to the back of my motorcycle and ride. Home is a state of mind after all...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:39 am

Seems we might need a limit to how many emoticans can be used in a single post. Anywhere in the World Icon_rolleyes

The idea of flaming another country is lost on me. Blind patriotism puts me off.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:42 am

motokid wrote:
Seems we might need a limit to how many emoticans can be used in a single post. Anywhere in the World Icon_rolleyes

The idea of flaming another country is lost on me. Blind patriotism puts me off.

Nah, I think he's just suggesting that Americans' ideas of New Zealand are overly romantic. I'd love to visit, though.

I want to live in Brazil, maybe an hour or two inland from Rio, for a few years, but honestly, I would be happy retiring in the US. I like visiting places, but I also like coming home. We live in a small town, and we really like it here.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 am

motokid wrote:

All right point taken. thumb

This is where I ride 100% legal. If I wanted to live anywhere else it would have to be the USA for the deserts, size, and mountains.
Anywhere in the World 39875410
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 am

I was not limiting my thoughts to just riding possibilities.

(this is the "off topic" area of the forum)

I'd have to travel a few thousand miles to get to a USofA desert.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am

motokid wrote:
I was not limiting my thoughts to just riding possibilities.

That picture could also mean swiming, fishing, boating, jet skis, ect, ect Very happy.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Believe me, I have nothing against Australia, and would love to visit or even live there.

There's just something about the isolation and size of New Zealand. (all things relative to USofA of course)

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Have we gotten so brain dead and over sensitive as a culture that we can't see a simple sheep-love joke? Anywhere in the World 9356 New Zealand, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared. Anywhere in the World 867936

Get off the east coast if you want isolation. There are entire areas of the west the size of New Zealand that are basically uninhabited. Its only 3-5 days away, just get out and ride. Anywhere in the World 942737
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:07 am

I liked the sheep joke. poser2

Out here in Western Kanukistan that's how the Engineering students refer to the Agricultural students. It's a long standing tradition.
thumb

And, yeah, there's lot's of great spots in your own country likely very near you if you go and look for them. But, sometimes it's easier to see them from farther away.
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:25 am

Id like to ride somewhere cooler - or cold - never seen the snow and its just starting to warm up here now - mid thirties at the moment and the mid forties arent far away with mid thirties at night (celcius) - the wife has always loved the long way round series - but I think that has more to do with Ewan than motorbikes!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:00 am

lancek wrote:
Id like to ride somewhere cooler - or cold - never seen the snow and its just starting to warm up here now - mid thirties at the moment and the mid forties arent far away with mid thirties at night (celcius) - the wife has always loved the long way round series - but I think that has more to do with Ewan than motorbikes!

Well, maybe my ride yesterday would be more of what you have in mind:
Anywhere in the World Imgp6010

I was trying to make it over Grey Creek one last time. But, I chickened out when the back tire kept trying to pass the front tire - while the front tire was basically doing whatever the hell it wanted at the same time. Getting hurt on the top of a road that is currently closed to traffic in freezing temperatures dictated a tactical retreat. Plus, I was freezing my ass off...

On the other hand, I got a taste of those 40+ temperatures on overseas tours, and you can keep that, thanks...

ZED wrote:
Assuming that I could make a suitable living or didn't
have to worry about such things as that or imigration issues my choices
would be:
1. Italy (In the hills near Tuscany) Anywhere in the World 500735
2. Oregon (In the wine region some 50 miles from the coast) Anywhere in the World 805204
3. The Kootenay's Man! Anywhere in the World 379944 (B.C. for those not in the know, eh!)

The Kootenays... oh wait... I already live there!

So, I can't move to where I already live.... hmmmm...

Well I don't want to move. Scooting back and forth between Montana and SE BC is about as good as it gets.

If I must, however, then I'll give up skiing for winters on perfect beaches spending my time between diving and windsurfing. If I really do have to pull up stakes, then I guess Bavaria works for me. The European Alps, the Furka Pass, the Dolomites, etc would make the move reasonably acceptable. When Baden and Lahr were open... man, was that great.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 am

It's ok to say:

"I'll be happy if I die right where I am today."

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:46 am

motokid wrote:
It's ok to say:

"I'll be happy if I die right where I am today."
Unless some Hajji finds a way to have some say in the matter, I WILL die right where I am today...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:26 pm

I should have probably worded that differently. Anywhere in the World 986936

This sounds better:

"I'll be happy if I spend the rest of my life where I am currently living."

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm

I'll stick to BC. It has everything...minus most of the poisonous creepies that inhabit the other nice places. Anywhere in the World 93746

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:21 pm

yep the snakes have started coming out here - killed one last night on the road and the dogs have been bitten twice already...

starting to appear all over the motorbike and mountain mike trails now too. Love this country but damn it has some stuff that can screw you up!!
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:11 pm

lancek wrote:
yep the snakes have started coming out here - killed one last night on the road and the dogs have been bitten twice already...

starting to appear all over the motorbike and mountain mike trails now too. Love this country but damn it has some stuff that can screw you up!!

The snakes still have about 2 months to come out here but I have previousally had to put my bike side ways to avoid them. Some dugites have even lashed out at me while riding but at the moment it's the emus, kangaroos and even eagles that give me trouble.
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:24 pm

I've been south, west, north, and east in the USA. I lived and traveled in Europe for a while. I've never been to Australia, but would love to go. I have to say, everytime I get back to Western NY I feel at home. The air has a certain freshness to it, we have four REAL seasons; in summer it can be 90 and in winter it can be -40. I love the drastic change in seasons. Right now the foliage is on its way to marvelous! I would love to live here for the rest of my life....but i'm looking for a job and i'm affraid it will take me away, hopefully to an even better place!
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 pm

P.S. I cannot deal with snakes! Anywhere in the World 851577
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World Empty

Back to top Go down

Anywhere in the World
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next