Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anywhere in the World

Go down 
+9
SheWolf
Jäger
1moreroad
skierd
ZED
lancek
INSTIGATOR
WRRSam
motokid
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Anywhere in the World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah here at best we have Western Diamondback Rattlers. Then there are the Black Widow spiders and the Brown Recluse. We do have some scorpions in the more desert areas, but nothing like the critters Oz has.

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Yeah here at best we have Western Diamondback Rattlers. Then there are the Black Widow spiders and the Brown Recluse. We do have some scorpions in the more desert areas, but nothing like the critters Oz has.

Yeah... The song Redback on the Toilet Seat comes to mind, though that has to do with spiders. Oz does have some wonderful scenery, especially along the est coast. Maybe one day I'll be able to visit there. Other places I'd love to go is Scandinavia in general, the south of NZ (Christchurch/Milford Sound areas). Another place I'd like to go is Washington State's Puget Sound area. Mind you, Campbell River, Port Mcneill/Alert Bay on/near Vancouver Island. St-Albert, Alberta is also on the list
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 am

Fargo_Wolf wrote:
Another place I'd like to go is Washington State's Puget Sound area. Mind you, Campbell River, Port Mcneill/Alert Bay on/near Vancouver Island. St-Albert, Alberta is also on the list

I've been to all those places, save St-Albert... And I have to say, I think I'm staying in Vancouver, I can do without the -40 winters in Alberta and the crappy coffee in Seattle. Campbell River and the others are towns with nothing going for them and are too isolated.

If I had to move "somewhere" I'd head to Germany, good beer, Great winters, a world class transit system.... Fraulein wink
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Tibarus wrote:
... And I have to say, I think I'm staying in Vancouver, I can do without the -40 winters in Alberta and the crappy coffee in Seattle. Campbell River and the others are towns with nothing going for them and are too isolated...
Too isolated?!? I don't quite understand that one. I've located what I think would be the ideal piece of property in B.C. Fantastic views up three valleys, Glaciers, springs from the mountain, and nearly 200km from the nearest pavement. Now if only I had the funding I would only have to come out twice a year for fuel and supplies. scratch

I'm actually from the Greater Vancouver area (long ago and many cities away) but can't imagine moving back. I'm out there on business a couple of times a year and there's even more people than here in cow-town eeek .
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:57 pm

That's why I live where I do. I couldn't stand living in a huge city. Kelowna's getting bad enuf now as it is, but it's still ok. I'll stick to living in the sticks, and when I earn enuf money with this new job I'm gonna buy me a small fishing resort and consider that my retirement utopia. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 61865

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 pm

thumb .
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:21 am

So near as I can figure with the voting so far, the good ole US of A is in the lead. NZ and various parts of Canuckistan are tied for 2nd, with a few stray votes for AU, some Euro countries, and one vote for Brazil. That's 9 votes for places in the northern hemisphere and 4 votes for the southern hemisphere. Most all votes though, are for places with mountains and a change of seasons.

Now if we are talking about places to live strickly for the great riding, then I would have to pick somewhere in Europe. But if we're talking about a place to live in general, I got to stay here in the US. Plenty of great riding spots here and plenty I haven't seen yet. I'd love to be in the northwest in the summer and the southeast in the winter. Winter is nice for a visit, but you can keep that snow shit. Been there, done that. I got to live where it's semi-warm most of the year. Call me a whimp, but once you taste a few years without digging your ass out of the snow every day, you never want to go back... I don't care how beautiful the scenery is. Snow is for vacations, not for living in.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:30 am

I don't mind it once it's snowed a bit. It's the first few snowfalls that I hate...every idiot out there in their vehicles are figuring out that you can't turn as fast with that white shit on the road and trees don't move when you are heading straight for them. Quadding in it is fun, anything up to 2 feet and then out comes the sled. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 61865

I hate shoveling, which is why I have a snow blower. It takes chunks of frozen dog shit and launches it right across the road and onto the hood of my neighbor's truck. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 851577

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm

SheWolf wrote:
... It takes chunks of frozen dog shit and launches it right across the road and onto the hood of my neighbor's truck. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 851577

As much fun as that sounds, it's not enough of a reason for me to move back north. And besides, what's the fun in getting a little frozen shit on his hood, which is easily cleaned off. Down here I can wing a shovel full of poop on my neighbor's hood and it'll be burnt into his paint job by noon. Now THAT'S fun!! Very happy
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I don't mind it once it's snowed a bit. It's the first few snowfalls that I hate...every idiot out there in their vehicles are figuring out that you can't turn as fast with that white shit on the road and trees don't move when you are heading straight for them. Quadding in it is fun, anything up to 2 feet and then out comes the sled. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 61865

I hate shoveling, which is why I have a snow blower. It takes chunks of frozen dog shit and launches it right across the road and onto the hood of my neighbor's truck. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 851577

Is that hill of death we went down in the quarry piles still there? I wanna tackle it again at the snow bash this year =3
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:18 pm

It's still there. My ass cringes every time I ride by it. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 Suspect

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 pm

SheWolf wrote:
It's still there. My ass cringes every time I ride by it. Anywhere in the World - Page 2 Suspect

I think i'm still sore from that... thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anywhere in the World   Anywhere in the World - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anywhere in the World
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2