Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rough Starting and Stalls

Go down 
+2
Fiftygrit
avc8130
6 posters
AuthorMessage
avc8130

Rough Starting and Stalls Empty
PostSubject: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 9:44 pm

So my brother is having trouble with the 08 WR250R I sold him last year.

It's becoming a real bear to start...and stalls/flameouts whenever returning to idle.

We've tried fresh 93 octane.

We've tried a brand new CR9EIX iridium spark plug.

Air filter is clean.

Fuel pump audibly primes, and when the tank is low on fuel you can see fuel splashing around in the tank from the pump.

Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss.

ac
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Might be fuel pump if it has not been changed,
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 5:34 am

Are you sure you didn't over oil the air filter? I helped another member with this issue not long ago, if there is to much oil on the filter the engine will be starved for air. Try taking the filter off and start it to check if this is your problem.
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:30 am

WRXZ wrote:
Are you sure you didn't over oil the air filter? I helped another member with this issue not long ago, if there is to much oil on the filter the engine will be starved for air. Try taking the filter off and start it to check if this is your problem.

We can try that, but I doubt it. It's run 100% fine with this filter/oil prior to this issue popping up.

Unfortunately, we can't pin point any 1 thing that changed to cause it.

ac
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:14 am

My guess would be either the stator or the fuel pump are failing.
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:24 am

Evol wrote:
My guess would be either the stator or the fuel pump are failing.

So I guess the best course of action might be to wait for the official recall on the stator?

ac
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:18 am

I'm still waiting on the recall notice. Has anyone in the USA got it yet? Looks like only Canada and Australia so far.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:45 am

You could meassure voltage, if its fine, the stator should be fine aswell.

Somewhere around 14,4v at idle, thats what I meassured with my new stator.
Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:41 pm

I bought my bike used 2012 model, the vin is affected by the stator recall. I called the yamaha dealer in town (WI USA), they checked the vin and said drop it off we will fix it, yamaha will cover it all. Its been there 2 days tough

Ive never had a issue with the stator, but I venture 20 miles deep in the woods alone so I opted to just have it replaced asap

Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Definitely NOT excited about someone else working on my bike other then me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rough Starting and Stalls   Rough Starting and Stalls Empty

Back to top Go down

Rough Starting and Stalls
Page 1 of 1