Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ran into a pretty scary issue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Rev

T-Rev

Ran into a pretty scary issue Empty
PostSubject: Ran into a pretty scary issue   Ran into a pretty scary issue EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm

So, went a long ride a week or 2 ago from SJ, Cali up Hwy 1 - 299 through Mt Lassen National Park.. Killer ride. only prob I had was on some of the long straight aways crusin at like 73mph (odometer, not doctored) Motor would cut power (scare the shit out of me) drop to about 65 then kick back in. The motor was pretty hot, the first time was about 9 hours into a day trip.This probably happened 3 or 4 times in the whole trip.. At first I wrote it off to some shitty gas i had to get in some little town, but it happened two or three more times. I have a q4, fmf prog., and 6 holes in my airbox with Uniflow inserts.. Now, I'm Thinking it was the Air flapper fucking with me... JUST wanting some 2cents from y'all. AIS is coming out soon anyways but this will certainly speed it up. Thanks
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ran into a pretty scary issue   Ran into a pretty scary issue EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:39 pm

What are your FMF programmer settings?
Back to top Go down
Steve74

Steve74

PostSubject: Re: Ran into a pretty scary issue   Ran into a pretty scary issue EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:21 am

Fmf programmer had one it did the same to me several times with traffic behind me Took it all out cut the cat out of the stock muffler and put a q4 insert in the end of my stock exhaust put everything back to stock except ais valve stock never a problem since don't really notice that much difference in power
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Ran into a pretty scary issue   Ran into a pretty scary issue EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 am

It's a known issue with the FMF programmer. Supposedly changing the 5th number to 6 or higher fixes it, but I disagree as it still happens to me very occasionally. But I don't do much highway riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ran into a pretty scary issue   Ran into a pretty scary issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Ran into a pretty scary issue
Page 1 of 1