Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pretty cool

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mcwbyu82

Pretty cool Empty
PostSubject: Pretty cool   Pretty cool EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:35 am

http://news.byu.edu/archive11-may-formulahybrid2011.aspx

Check out this story/video. For those that don't have the eye to pick it out in the video the combustion engine in that thing is none other than our beloved 250. I know because I benefited from a lot of the parts they sold after getting what they needed. They bought a used 08' from a guy in Vegas, pulled the motor, exhaust and a few other things and parted out the rest.
At first look it seems funny that they make it a hybrid and only get in the mid 40's MPG . . .then you hear that the thing can do 0-60 in 3 sec!!!
Pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

Pretty cool Empty
PostSubject: Car   Pretty cool EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:52 am

Wonder if that was the guy that posted he had pulled the engine but could not get it to run in his car?

mcwbyu82 wrote:
http://news.byu.edu/archive11-may-formulahybrid2011.aspx

Check out this story/video. For those that don't have the eye to pick it out in the video the combustion engine in that thing is none other than our beloved 250. I know because I benefited from a lot of the parts they sold after getting what they needed. They bought a used 08' from a guy in Vegas, pulled the motor, exhaust and a few other things and parted out the rest.
At first look it seems funny that they make it a hybrid and only get in the mid 40's MPG . . .then you hear that the thing can do 0-60 in 3 sec!!!
Pretty neat.
Back to top Go down

Pretty cool
Page 1 of 1