Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fork rebound valve

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michiko

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:22 pm

has anyone upgraded/installed a racetech fork rebound kit. looks interesting
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:13 am

Know I haven't, but we are waiting for review. I have just the compresion gold valve and .48 spring. I first install a stock valved 03 yz250 forks with. Yz450 .46 spring and worked great. But ride height to high so I'm determine to get the wrr forks to perform close to the yz forks
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 6:23 pm

paulie1960 wrote:
Know I haven't, but we are waiting for review. I have just the compresion gold valve and .48 spring. I first install a stock valved 03 yz250 forks with. Yz450 .46 spring and worked great. But ride height to high so I'm determine to get the wrr forks to perform close to the yz forks

How do you like the forks with the race tech gold valve?

Do they perform as well as the YZ forks?

Thank you,
Ken
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 6:50 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
paulie1960 wrote:

How do you like the forks with the race tech gold valve?

Do they perform as well as the YZ forks?

Thank you,
Ken
I like the gold valve, I did front and rear myself the rear, I had to get back in them to soften compression from 220lb standard to 200lb soft valving and front was right for 220 standard. Yz250 are better forks even with stock valving and .46 spring but ther 1 3/4" longer but the wrr with the gold valve are close, but I have close to $300 in gold valve and .48 spring, the yz fork I only have $150 in them with .46 spring
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello Paulie,

I am thinking about doing the revalving myself also.

So you are saying that the stock YZ forks is better then the revalved stock forks, but it sticks to far up in the triple clamp and that is why you went back to stock?

Thank you,
Ken
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Yes I rased them in the triple clamp 1 5/8 and set rear to stock height. That's to tall for me. Don't for get the yz has 1" more travel so it gets close to the fender. With the stock fork I can lower rear 1/2" and raise fork in triple 3/8" its quicker steering and I can touch ground better for harscramble races
Back to top Go down
michiko

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:42 pm

paulie1960 wrote:

i found the compression on the shock too stiff. so i emailed racerech and asked for settings for 5kg lighter person. i dont know what setings they sent me but it had softer compression but stiffer rebound. i then changed the spring and used 2.5 weight oil. bam, im shocked how good it is. what i mean by that, is i feel i have total control of the settings within reason.

why does everybody buy the fork compression revalve and not just the rebound. the rebound effects the compression stroke as much or more than the compression valve?

is the rebound harder to do,?
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:55 pm

paulie1960 wrote:
Yes I rased them in the triple clamp 1 5/8 and set rear to stock height. That's to tall for me. Don't for get the yz has 1" more travel so it gets close to the fender. With the stock fork I can lower rear 1/2" and raise fork in triple 3/8" its quicker steering and I can touch ground better for harscramble races

I appreciate the clarification!

thank you,
Ken
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:56 pm

michiko wrote:
paulie1960 wrote:

i found the compression on the shock too stiff. so i emailed racerech and asked for settings for 5kg lighter person. i dont know what setings they sent me but it had softer compression but stiffer rebound. i then changed the spring and used 2.5 weight oil. bam, im shocked how good it is. what i mean by that, is i feel i have total control of the settings within reason.

why does everybody buy the fork compression revalve and not just the rebound. the rebound effects the compression stroke as much or more than the compression valve?

What do you weight???
Back to top Go down
michiko

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:31 am

SLOWRIDER wrote:
michiko wrote:
paulie1960 wrote:

What do you weight???

thats a constant challenge but between 80 to 90 kg.
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 am

I think the most improvement for the wrr was doing the rear gold valve. Wrr has not enough rebound and to much compression and I'm 220lb. for some reason it setup for 200lb soft by race tach data and I'm using stock spring and the rear perfect
Back to top Go down
Biglake

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:34 am

I have gold valves and stiffer springs for my wrr too, I ended up using the stock rear spring as well and im 240-250 pounds (115kg).

My shock is surprisingly hard to bottom out with the gold valve kit in it, the stiffer spring was too much and too stiff.

I need to tweak it a bit tho, it needs a tiny bit more rebound and a tiny bit less compression yet, this will be my 3rd time into the shock but my last as its really close now. Im waiting until im off work with nothing to do before I tear into it again as its not bad as is so im in no rush.

PS for anyone else installing a gold valve in the shock run 6-7 face shims on the rebound not 5 like in the directions. thumb

I know now (I didn't 3 years ago) the race tech rebound kit for the forks will make more difference to the compression than the base valves because the mid valve for the compression is part of the rebound but I like my forks enough im not adding it at this point and it is much harder to install. thumb
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Biglake wrote:
I have gold valves and stiffer springs for my wrr too, I ended up using the stock rear spring as well and im 240-250 pounds (115kg).

My shock is surprisingly hard to bottom out with the gold valve kit in it, the stiffer spring was too much and too stiff.

I need to tweak it a bit tho, it needs a tiny bit more rebound and a tiny bit less compression yet, this will be my 3rd time into the shock but my last as its really close now. Im waiting until im off work with nothing to do before I tear into it again as its not bad as is so im in no rush.

PS for anyone else installing a gold valve in the shock run 6-7 face shims on the rebound not 5 like in the directions. thumb  

I know now (I didn't 3 years ago) the race tech rebound kit for the forks will make more difference to the compression than the base valves because the mid valve for the compression is part of the rebound but I like my forks enough im not adding it at this point and it is much harder to install. thumb

What would you recommend for me...I only weight 150lbs with out gear?

Thanks
Ken
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 2:50 pm

I start with the rear shock with a gold valve. Get on race tech web site plugin you numbers. Weight. Ability. Age.
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 2:54 pm

You want 2 to 2.5" race sag and 1" static sag front. 3 3/4 to 4" race sag and 1" static sag rear
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 4:12 pm

paulie1960 wrote:
You want 2 to 2.5" race sag and 1" static sag front. 3 3/4 to 4" race sag and 1" static sag rear

I will measure it out!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fork rebound valve Empty
PostSubject: Re: fork rebound valve   fork rebound valve Empty

Back to top Go down

fork rebound valve
Page 1 of 1