Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

best price for fmf or attitude programmer..

Go down 
+5
SheWolf
dirtytrixx400
greer
motokid
rydnseek
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. Empty
PostSubject: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:46 pm

I've finally decided to do a few performance mods, & am looking for a good price on a programmer.. they don't come up used, much, so i'm looking for new. I've heard $170 on this forum, but my searches haven't come up with anyone selling for that. Any recommendations? I'm going to get a programmer, a pipe, maybe a header, & then do the exup & ais.

Thanks for the advice..

scotty best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. Icon_porc
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:53 pm

I went straight to the source for my Attitude EFI unit, but from what Shewolf has hinted about, you may wish to wait just a wee bit longer to see if a new unit is offered soon. A unit that is much more detailed in what it can program.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Scotty,

I can't find it now, but I'm nearly positive I saw the Attitude listed at oemcycle.com for $160-something. Maybe give them a call.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:38 am

Scotty,

I'm shopping for a pipe so I'm clicking all over the net. The FMF programmer is FMF #014403; Parts Unlimited #1020-0702. discountcycleparts lists it at $203.74 shipped.

I'll try to find the best pipe price and then give D Kirk a call to see if they'll match it. I've always had such good service from them.

Best of luck.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:33 am

greer wrote:
Scotty,

I can't find it now, but I'm nearly positive I saw the Attitude listed at oemcycle.com for $160-something. Maybe give them a call.

Sarah

Why oh why would you buy it from anyone other than the company that actually makes it?

go here ----> http://www.tunewithattitude.com/

If you have any issues you can call the owner and talk to him in person.

What kind of service would oemcycle give you?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:27 am

moto:
usually the manufacturer's sell from their own site at manf. retail so as not to undercut their dealer network. Independent dealers can then sell at a discount for less than the manufacturer's website.

Though sometimes before the dealer network is set up (ie rotopax right now) you can buy direct from the manf. for less.

But i will try to contact attitude directly & see if they can make a deal for less than their posted retail price. They have the new programmer on their site listed for $259.. that's the gen 3.5 with the add & remove fuel percentage programmer. If they can get it closer to $200, i might give it a shot.

Sarah:
I've also seen the fmf for ~ $200 shipped.. I guess that's the best we're going to do.. all the rumors of $170 shipped must have been urban myths or those with inside connections. :) +1 about dennis kirk.. i've always gotten really good & fast service from them, too.

I found a pipe.. an hmf brand.. on ebay as a buy it now or best offer for $227. I offered $200 & they took it! That's shipped. It seems to be a good pipe from a company with a good rep. I hope it matches up ok with the fmf header.. i'll probably have to make an adapter.

scotty
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:08 am

rydnseek wrote:
I hope it matches up ok with the fmf header.. i'll probably have to make an adapter.

scotty

you might try a auto muffler type shop and see if they could expand the hmf inlet pipe size to fit your header....this might be the easiest way to get it fitted up. maybe..just a thought.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 pm

I got my FMF pipe off fleabay for $186 shipped. Tude programmer is the same as quoted. Scotty, call Derek himself and talk to him. Really good guy and straight shooter. Don't bother with an e-mail, as sometimes he doesn't get on it right away. Call the number he's got listed under his name and he'll be able to talk about whatever it is you need to discuss.

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:15 pm

shewolf & motokid:

would you pm me your full names? :)

Nothing like name dropping some premier customers to smooth the way..

I'll call him this week & see what he'll do.. i don't know if his distributors or retailers will know or care.

scotty best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. Icon_rr
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:37 am

dirtytrixx400 wrote:

you might try a auto muffler type shop and see if they could expand the hmf inlet pipe size to fit your header....this might be the easiest way to get it fitted up. maybe..just a thought.

Good idea! I'll do that if they don't match up.

I talked to Derek yesterday, but was in the middle of some other business, so couldn't make a deal.. he offered the new 3.2 gen with the upgraded firmware for $200 shipped. I see an fmf on ebay new for $192 shipped. I know of one used for $170.. but it seems like it would be better to have a bit of warranty for $22 more. I suppose the newer percentage based programmer from attitude might be a worthy upgrade, so i'm leaning that way.

BTW, he said he is not planning on releasing the gen 3.5 for the wr.. it's the one with the add & remove capability.. his feeling is the little wr doesn't need any remove capability.. only add. I agree. So the 3.2 will enable percentage based adding & uses the same hardware. In the real world, i doubt there is any measurable difference between it & the 3.0 unit, which is functionally the same as the fmf.

scotty best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. 635601
Back to top Go down
BigBoar

BigBoar

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:58 am

We will do it for 190 shipped via usps
call us at 479-636-7133 tell them chad gave you the price on the forum
this is the PU #The FMF programmer is FMF #014403; Parts Unlimited #1020-0702.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 pm

BigBoar wrote:
We will do it for 190 shipped via usps
call us at 479-636-7133 tell them chad gave you the price on the forum
this is the PU #The FMF programmer is FMF #014403; Parts Unlimited #1020-0702.

What price would you give for an FmF Q4 slip-on for a wr250x shipped to area code 19707?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
BigBoar

BigBoar

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:28 pm

How bout 295 + actual shipping,
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:03 pm

It appears I can get one for $270 from Motostrano - and that includes shipping.
http://www.motostrano.com/fmfyawrslone.html <--- clicky

I'm waiting to hear back from them on the free shipping part.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:02 pm

thanks for the offer, bigboar.. i think i'm going to wait until late december or jan. to get one.. money, you know..

I'm still leaning a little toward the attitude with the percentage based programming.. for about the same i could get a bit of an upgrade.. if the offer is still good.

thanks again.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Hmm, just got a gytr exhaust and was gonna go with the fmf programmer. That 3.2 Attitude for $200 shipped sounds good though...
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Just ordered the attitude 3.2 gen last night. Derek said he didn't have any recommended settings for the 3.2 yet. I might mess around with it a bit first, but I'll be taking it to a dyno soon hopefully.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:04 am

bhmax any updates on anything?
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:28 am

The programmer supposedly shipped Monday. Hopefully it will be here soon. The dyno I'm planning on going to is getting some upgrades done and won't be in use until at least another week or two. I'm going to try and get a header also before I take it there. I have the middle of next week off and I'm hoping the programmer will be here so I can start playing with it.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:06 am

bhmax wrote:
The programmer supposedly shipped Monday. Hopefully it
will be here soon. The dyno I'm planning on going to is getting some
upgrades done and won't be in use until at least another week or two.
I'm going to try and get a header also before I take it there. I have
the middle of next week off and I'm hoping the programmer will be here
so I can start playing with it.
Sounds good...and i call derek today and he sayed the same thing about the 3.2 gen about he doesnt have any recommended settings
And was waiting to hear back from a couple people(i guess your one of those people) about dyno test as far as dif settings.
Keep my updated when you start message around with it. Did you start messing around with it yet its allmost been a week?
I am leaning on ordering the 3.2 gen as well but if i dont really have any settings for it idk...and he said people are still getting the 3 gens cause there easyer to set/pre set compared to the 3.2 gen.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:27 am

Still waiting for it to get here...
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am

BUMMER.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Actually the UPS man just dropped it off. Gonna install today and hopefully play around with it too. The packaging says 'raptor,' let's hope that's just a misplaced label...
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:19 pm

bhmax wrote:
Actually the UPS man just dropped it off. Gonna install today and hopefully play around with it too. The packaging says 'raptor,' let's hope that's just a misplaced label...

Great! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm still probably going to get one, but i won't be riding until after the new year, & am leaving town next week, so i might as well wait.

Derek didn't have any recommendations for settings? Is there anyone out there who has gotten one of the newer units.. the 3.2g? It would be nice to at least have a basepoint to start from.

scotty
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:00 pm

rydnseek wrote:
bhmax wrote:

Great! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm still probably going to get one, but i won't be riding until after the new year, & am leaving town next week, so i might as well wait.

Derek didn't have any recommendations for settings? Is there anyone out there who has gotten one of the newer units.. the 3.2g? It would be nice to at least have a basepoint to start from.

scotty

Yeah Derek told me the same thing...and am waiting to hear back from some people before I buy the 3.2 gen.

So how is the playing around going?(hopfully you didn't get the raptor version?)
You knowtesing a WORLD of difference?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. Empty

Back to top Go down

best price for fmf or attitude programmer..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next