Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

best price for fmf or attitude programmer..

Go down 
+5
SheWolf
dirtytrixx400
greer
motokid
rydnseek
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bhmax

best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:32 pm

So I installed the 3.2 Attitude programmer yesterday and took it for a ride. Mods on my bike: lower portion of airbox top removed(flapper gone completely), AIS removed, K&N filter, GYTR exhaust(thanks ramz!), EXUP removed(Graves plug), 47T rear sprocket. I installed the programmer temporarily with the battery hold down strap. I left the side cover off so I could play around with the settings. The box was delivered with settings 3 4 1 8 4 4.5. I started my ride with these settings and thought, hmm, maybe this is helping out a bit. I'm lucky enough, well, partially chose to live 25 minutes from the dragon, Deal's Gap. Headed that way and stopped on occasion to play around with the settings. First just played around with the first three modes to see what difference there was. Would play with just one at a time, then go to the extremes of all 1s on the first three modes and then all 8s, and in between. Also played around with just modes 5 and 6 to see the difference. Stopped quite a few times in the maybe 60 or so miles I rode. Was thinking I'm kinda liking this, but then decided to put all modes on .5. Was thinking I'd notice quite a difference, but no, actually not. Even took the programmer back out when I got home to see if even .5s somehow made a difference, but seemed the same. Conclusion? My butt dyno sucks. I'm thinking that maybe I noticed a slight difference here and there with different settings, but I can't say for sure. This isn't to say I'm unhappy with the bike's performance, I was happy without the programmer and am having a blast with the bike. Figured it would be best to get the programmer because of the intake and exhaust mods. I have an FMF header coming and will hopefully make it to the dyno soon as previously mentioned when it's back open and I have the time. Only then can I say for sure that the fueling is where it needs to be for the current mods. Hmm, this probably doesn't help anyone out whatsoever, huh?;)
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:25 am

bhmax wrote:
So I installed the 3.2 Attitude programmer yesterday and took it for a ride. Mods on my bike: lower portion of airbox top removed(flapper gone completely), AIS removed, K&N filter, GYTR exhaust(thanks ramz!), EXUP removed(Graves plug), 47T rear sprocket. I installed the programmer temporarily with the battery hold down strap. I left the side cover off so I could play around with the settings. The box was delivered with settings 3 4 1 8 4 4.5. I started my ride with these settings and thought, hmm, maybe this is helping out a bit. I'm lucky enough, well, partially chose to live 25 minutes from the dragon, Deal's Gap. Headed that way and stopped on occasion to play around with the settings. First just played around with the first three modes to see what difference there was. Would play with just one at a time, then go to the extremes of all 1s on the first three modes and then all 8s, and in between. Also played around with just modes 5 and 6 to see the difference. Stopped quite a few times in the maybe 60 or so miles I rode. Was thinking I'm kinda liking this, but then decided to put all modes on .5. Was thinking I'd notice quite a difference, but no, actually not. Even took the programmer back out when I got home to see if even .5s somehow made a difference, but seemed the same. Conclusion? My butt dyno sucks. I'm thinking that maybe I noticed a slight difference here and there with different settings, but I can't say for sure. This isn't to say I'm unhappy with the bike's performance, I was happy without the programmer and am having a blast with the bike. Figured it would be best to get the programmer because of the intake and exhaust mods. I have an FMF header coming and will hopefully make it to the dyno soon as previously mentioned when it's back open and I have the time. Only then can I say for sure that the fueling is where it needs to be for the current mods. Hmm, this probably doesn't help anyone out whatsoever, huh?;)

Thanks for the Butt Dyno...haha even though it didnt turn out liked you hoped it would.
Did you get your fmf header in yet? And/or take it to the Dyno yet?
Would love to get some numbers....still planing on getting the 3.2 gen as long as i get some numbers to run(cause i dont want to spend all kinds on $$$ on dynos...how much are they going for these days? how do they charge you per run? or how long you use the dyno?)
Keep us updated
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 am

Header should be here soon. Don't know when I'll make it to the dyno or what they charge, but I'll update with any new info.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am

bhmax wrote:
Header should be here soon. Don't know when I'll make it to the dyno or what they charge, but I'll update with any new info.

Hey just wondering if anyone has gotten any dynos done yet with the attitude 3.2 gen programmer???
Oh have gotten some good numbers to run???
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:12 am

Not me yet. Too cold! The dyno is about an hour away and I was planning on riding there. Might just trailer it though.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:18 am

Oh allright...have you monkeyed around with it much ever since you last post? Or not really?
Or you have not happened to talk to Derek have you? About anyone informing him on numbers/what runs best?(cause about a month or two ago he was still waiting on people to get back to him after yet try some
dynos and stuff out...I don't know) I still haven't orderedy programmer yet and am
wanted to put in my order sometime soon so I have it on my bike when it starts warming up.
But I don't know if I want to go with the 3.2 attitude programmer or just the 3.0 or fmf programmer if I am not going to have any numbers to run on the 3.2 it will be pretty pointless. You know? I don't know
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 am

Sorry, no new input from me. The heat doesn't bother me one bit, I'm more than happy to ride around in 95 degree heat and sweat like crazy. The cold, not so much. I've barely ridden lately.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm

rydnseek wrote:
bhmax wrote:
Actually the UPS man just dropped it off. Gonna install today and hopefully play around with it too. The packaging says 'raptor,' let's hope that's just a misplaced label...

Great! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm still probably going to get one, but i won't be riding until after the new year, & am leaving town next week, so i might as well wait.

Derek didn't have any recommendations for settings? Is there anyone out there who has gotten one of the newer units.. the 3.2g? It would be nice to at least have a basepoint to start from.

scotty

Hey scott just wondering if you happened to get a programmer yet? if so did you go with the 3.2 or what?
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm

bhmax wrote:
Sorry, no new input from me. The heat doesn't bother me one bit, I'm more than happy to ride around in 95 degree heat and sweat like crazy. The cold, not so much. I've barely ridden lately.

Yeah i hear yeah...i havent been doing to much rideing myself
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:40 pm

So I'm tempted to get a PC-V. Talked to the dyno guy, Ken Wheeler near Robinsville NC. Sounds like he doesn't quite have everything squared away on his new dyno. But he did talk of how it's important to be able to pull fuel from some areas for better throttle response. Since I couldn't tell much change in throttle response with any different setting on my Attitude, I'm thinking I might get the PC-V. I'm really wanting to have a smoother off/on throttle transition.If I'm actually going to spend the money for dyno tuning, I guess I may as well go with what he is used to tuning. Let me know if you may be interested in my Attitude 3.2.

Last edited by bhmax on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:42 am

bhmax wrote:
So I'm tempted to get a PC-V. Talked to the dyno guy, Ken Walker near Robinsville NC. Sounds like he doesn't quite have everything squared away on his new dyno. But he did talk of how it's important to be able to pull fuel from some areas for better throttle response. Since I couldn't tell much change in throttle response with any different setting on my Attitude, I'm thinking I might get the PC-V. I'm really wanting to have a smoother off/on throttle transition.If I'm actually going to spend the money for dyno tuning, I guess I may as well go with what he is used to tuning. Let me know if you may be interested in my Attitude 3.2.

Man if you would have posted this a few weeks ago...haha i would have prob took it of you.
But i went with the PC-V. I was told the same thing from some motorcycle mach with dyno experience with the PC5. Do you know how much this Ken Walker guy charges for some dynos? Or is going to charge when he gets his dyno up and running?
But yeah from all i read the PC V is the best way to go...and for $90 more you cant go wrong.
I just bought my PC V of of www.Fuelmotousa.com and i got if for $290 shipped...and they double the warrenty on it so 2 years. I didnt/couldnt find anywhere else that beat there price.
But good luck though.
Just wondering how did the attitude 3.2 run anyway?
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 am

Actually ordered my pcv from them after seeing your other posts! Most of my experience so far with the Attitude is posted above. I'm not after peak hp, just want it to run as best as possible at all rpms and throttle settings. Didn't seem to notice much change in on/off throttle with the Attitude with any setting I've tried, although of course I haven't gotten it dynoed. I probably would have gone with the pcv to begin with, but other guys' experiences posted on other forums scared me away a bit. Not unhappy with the Attitude, just want the best ability to tune when I get it dynoed. Not sure what he charges, but he comes highly recommended, so it'll be worth it to me. I'll probably have him tune my other bikes too.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

I haven't been around much.. work.. weather.. misplaced priorities..no money.. so i still don't have a programmer. I may just wait a while longer, since the wr seems to be running ok. I am eagerly watching & reading all about everyone else's experiences, though..
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:26 am

bhmax wrote:
Actually ordered my pcv from them after seeing your other posts! Most of my experience so far with the Attitude is posted above. I'm not after peak hp, just want it to run as best as possible at all rpms and throttle settings. Didn't seem to notice much change in on/off throttle with the Attitude with any setting I've tried, although of course I haven't gotten it dynoed. I probably would have gone with the pcv to begin with, but other guys' experiences posted on other forums scared me away a bit. Not unhappy with the Attitude, just want the best ability to tune when I get it dynoed. Not sure what he charges, but he comes highly recommended, so it'll be worth it to me. I'll probably have him tune my other bikes too.

Oh really...well glad to hear that you allready have one headed your way.(PCV)
And yeah i gotcha(Attitude)... well yeah i might just have to hit him up then for a few dyno runs/tunes...depending on how much he charges.

rydnseek wrote:
I haven't been around much.. work.. weather.. misplaced priorities..no money.. so i still don't have a programmer. I may just wait a while longer, since the wr seems to be running ok. I am eagerly watching & reading all about everyone else's experiences, though..

Haha i hear you...yeah from all that i read the PCV is the best there is...and in my mind for $90 more what the heck get the best programing ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best price for fmf or attitude programmer..   best price for fmf or attitude programmer.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

best price for fmf or attitude programmer..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2