Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Member (debating X => R conversion)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ctrvl

New Member (debating X => R conversion) Empty
PostSubject: New Member (debating X => R conversion)   New Member (debating X => R conversion) EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 am

Howdy folks, I'm a WR(X) rider (I also have a WRX Impreza...in blue - sheesh). Been considering conversion to WR(R) during the rainy season here in SF so I thought I would jump on this forum as well. Cheers, hope you're all having fun on two wheels :)
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New Member (debating X => R conversion)   New Member (debating X => R conversion) EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:00 pm

If you look on this forum some times people have the wheels tires and rotor`s for sale, have fun.
Back to top Go down
korrruption

korrruption

PostSubject: DOOO IIIT!   New Member (debating X => R conversion) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Do it man. I've had mine for about the same time, but I've done the opposite to you. I've got a wrr and recently unlocked a whole new bike. I've now got 2 bikes now for the price of just over one...
But my god, I went for my first ride with it now as a Supermoto, and wow I love it. If you have the cash, keep both wheelsets, like I have. It took me nearly 6 months to finally put my SM wheelset together, as I live in Australia, and had to order my wheels from USA. Then finding tyres to put on it, all the while conducting repairs from riding vigorously offroad. But trust me the wait was worth it. And I think you'll really enjoy having the diversity, and opening up a new world offroad.
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: WRX to R on the cheap   New Member (debating X => R conversion) EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:49 pm

I love both versions of the bike as well and agree that hanging on to both wheel sets is well worth it if you can afford to. I converted an X to R with Warp 9 wheels, this allowed me to retain the X front caliper (so less parts to change/less cost).

Another option is to just get knobby tires for your 17" X wheels. We did just that on my wife's X using some IRC enduro type rubber. She's short so this suits her well for our off road trips. It's also relatively inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member (debating X => R conversion)   New Member (debating X => R conversion) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member (debating X => R conversion)
Page 1 of 1