Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
softjeans

softjeans

Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. Empty
PostSubject: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:24 pm

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the fmf Q4 and would like to know if I'm going to feel any power from just the muffler or do i need to get a header as well? what exactly does the header do? also, if I've got the Q4 installed and do eventually get a header will the noise increase dramatically? cheers
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Theres a power increase with just the muffler.
Without any other add ons at all you will gain some topend power, with a programmer and opened up airbox you gain power from top to bottom, that's what im running.

FMF head pipes add power at the top and loose a bit off the bottom if you get the power bomb and add lowend and loose a touch of topend if you get the mega bomb, the stock head pipe is a all rounder, its right in between the two FMF head pipes.
The bike is quieter with a FMF head pipe as the bomb section acts as a small muffler too.
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 5:30 pm

softjeans wrote:
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the fmf Q4 and would like to know if I'm going to feel any power from just the muffler or do i need to get a header as well? what exactly does the header do? also, if I've got the Q4 installed and do eventually get a header will the noise increase dramatically? cheers

I was on the fence about buying the mega/power bomb header for the same reasons as you are. i heard that it difference and other claimed it made some.
I ended up buying the Q4 with the Megabomb header. Glad I did too! can pull a power wheelie at the end of 2nd gear. I will be throwing the programmer on tonight and hope to feel a a jump in power.

GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Let us know the power diff with the added programmer. I'm running one and don't think it is working. Sure didn't notice any difference. I may take it off and see if any difference. Also thinking maybe sell it and buy the GYTR programmer.
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:40 pm

I only did I a small ride with just the powerbomb header and Q4 before I installed the FMF programmer because I thought it was running lean, but I would say it was quite a noticeable difference. The programmer had the biggest affect that I noticed so yeah, something might be wrong with yours scratch hopefully it's not tho. Let me
Know!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 12:10 am

gonna have to remove it and go ride to check for the difference. I bought it used on e-bay so it may be bad. Will be a month before our snow and ice is gone. Its snowing in the U.P. as we speak. baldy
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 am

You don't need to remove it to test it.

Set all the settings to .5 and its basicly turned off, try that for a quick ride then put it back to the normal settings, ie 3,2,.5,8,6,4, its pretty quick and easy to see if its working. If you set it super rich ie 6,6,6,8,6,4 it should run really rich and bad too, that's a another quick way to see if its working.
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 12:12 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Let us know the power diff with the added programmer. I'm running one and don't think it is working. Sure didn't notice any difference. I may take it off and see if any difference. Also thinking maybe sell it and buy the GYTR programmer.

I just installed the FMF Power Programmer and took it for a spin. It definitely got rid of the chopy throttle and seemed to help the power stay consistent through all the gears. Since i only did two passes on my street, I still don't know how well it will feel at the top end of 6th.
Will be posting an update tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.   Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking to get a new exhaust and I've got a few questions.
Page 1 of 1