Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DRZ 125 valve issues

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

DRZ 125 valve issues Empty
PostSubject: DRZ 125 valve issues   DRZ 125 valve issues EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Ok, I know this is our WR forum and this should be on TT but the forum has been slow and thought I would give you something to read. So I bought my Daughter a DRZ125 this fall and it never run right. Cleaned the carb many times and never was good till I found carbs are only $25 on amazon. This helped a little but wasn't right. Put it away for the winter and man did I get bored today. Decided to check the valve clearance today. Pulled the side cover and top inspection cap and set her to top dead center. The tappets were so tight I couldn't get the smallest feeler gauge under it. Adjusted the valves to spec, put it back together and started it up with one kick. Could immediately hear loud valve lash. Repeat process and found exhaust valve loose. Readjusted to spec and this try was the same, very loud. Same process at TDC, both rockers were like 3/16 loose. dunno Readjust and start, she purred like a kitten. dunno

Think the first go around it may have moved off of TDC. Not sure what really was going on. Think I did the same thing every time. Don't know if the tolerances are so tight at TDC but took me four times to get it right.

Can anyone enlighten me on what I may have done? She runs awesome now but had me worried for a minute. The WR weeped in the corner. cry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DRZ 125 valve issues   DRZ 125 valve issues EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Depends on which TDC you have it at, there are two. One is TDC compression, the other is TDC exhaust. Might have had it on the other one. Want to know a good trick to get a cam on base circle? Turn the motor over until the exhaust valve(s) just start to open, and adjust the intake. Turn the motor over until the intakes open all the way, and just start to close, then adjust the exhaust side. This will have the cams off the lobe portion and somewhere on the base circle for any 4 cycle engine. Racer/engine builder trick.

Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: DRZ 125 valve issues   DRZ 125 valve issues EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Hmm good to know and really its very logical. Will have to try this next time, thanks. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRZ 125 valve issues   DRZ 125 valve issues Empty

Back to top Go down

DRZ 125 valve issues
Page 1 of 1