Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newbie from Florida

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Newbie from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Hello all! I am a newbie here and found this forum while googling WR250's. I am contemplating adding a bike to the stable and I am narrowing it down to an R or an X. I presently have three bikes: 2006 HD Road King, 2006 M109R, 2006 Honda CRF50. I just realized they are all 2006, how eerie. I have about 70k riding miles under my belt and am looking for another get away. I hope to add a little something to the board when I can, otherwise I am just learning all I can from you all. Thanks for the resource.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 pm

If you look to your north around Jax, there is a DS group forming. It has 2 wrx & a heap of KLR & DRs.
Let me know if you're looking for some riding area.
Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:48 am

Thanks for the offer. I still haven't made it over to the DS side yet.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 pm

No big hurry, we try to stay out of the "hunting woods" for the hunting taking place only a few wks out of the year.

However we have been given the key to a few private woods to ride...so long as there is no roosting. We see plenty of deer here & turkey. We just keep riding.

We also mix up our riding to keep the new riders interested & not overwhelmed.

Sometimes we get a few big GSs & then the lessons begin.
It's all good.

Keep in touch we do something a few times a month & then there the splinter groups too. Newbie from Florida 640571
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks, will do. I still havent decided whether to go full on MX or DS. The ability to ride there instead of trailer is a big consideration since we are a one cage family. I do worry this bike will be too small/underpowered for my husky frame. Newbie from Florida Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:51 am

Another member of the forming DS group just bought an 08 X after just sitting on mine & riding other larger bikes. He is a big bike rider but liked the way my x carried me through the woods etc.
He has already made a list of the things I have on my X & is very possitive about getting started on his X. Seems about half of the riders have sat on my X at least once from our new forming DS group.
Must say that the fuel injestion 250 cc motor has made me look more & more at smaller motors as fun machines.

Remember when the saying about there is no sub. for cubic inches was true?...well I think there is a good sub. & it's tech.

Loose the carb & introduce good FI; big displacment may just be on the way out.

Whatever you do don't limit yourself.

Good luck on your search...that's part of the fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Florida   Newbie from Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Florida
Page 1 of 1