Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Florida

Go down 
+2
mwakey
rider213
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rider213

rider213

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi all.

Thinking that the WRR is going to be my next DS bike. Looks like a great forum, All best!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Welcome to the group. Where are you in Florida? I'm in the Keys.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Have you been able to get yer bum on one of these yet? I'm guessing not or you'd already have it. Hello from Florida 93746 Welcome to the pack. Hello from Florida 61865

rider213

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks. I guess here is considered central florida, I'm just south of the villages.

So far I've just sat on the WRR at dealerships, and read up on everything I can about them.

I've got to sell a bike before I can buy another so the XR is the odd guy out. Going to try to sell it on consignment.

May end up having to buy used. Definately want the WRR but seem to see alot more WRX's for sale used out there. Is the conversion from X to R just tires/rims/chain/sprocket?

Have great weekend all!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Add in the rotors and brakes/calipers and you've got the idea. There are a few things that need to be changed. You could do what one guy did and put 2 17" DS tires on the X. Damn...I can't recall who it is who has that setup...he's on here too. Kinda looks neat, almost like a TW looks.

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:46 pm

I found it. Scotty and DieHard have it.

rydnseek wrote:
i followed diehard's example & got the mt21's
from bikebandit. They came yesterday, & i got them on today. I'm
riding friday so i can give a report on how they handle.

Hello from Florida 0909wrxtires15

The back tire is about 1 1/2 higher, but the front is about 3". I raised the fork to compensate for the taller tire.

Hello from Florida IMGP1004

Hello from Florida IMGP1010

rider213

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

Cool. That certainly looks like a more cost efficient option.

I searched thru some of rydnseek's posts as far as riding sand with this setup. I've not tried the technique but do know one guy that pretty much sits much of the time that we're going thru sugar sand, he does well just plowing the front end thru instead of lifting it.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

Hello, I would get the wrr but if you can get a good deal on a wrx than the 17" knobbies look pretty cool.I'll bet they would work good in the florida sand. let us know what you end up with,,goodluck
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:27 pm

The 606s are w/o a doubt the better tire for the real off pavement riding.
My Kenda 270 are about the only real 50/50 tires out there for less than 100 USD a set.

My experience is shy compared to most here on this form, for talking about dirt riding.
I have used both 606 & Kenda 270s. For the street they are just better enough that I went w/ them (Kenda 270). But in the dirt, I am totally surprised how well they work & clock a lot of hard miles.
The 606 will not give the same milage return as my Kendas.
Back to top Go down
rider213

rider213

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:30 am

Cool. Thanks for all the input everyone.

The XR650 is now sold! Been looking for a few weeks now for a used WRR/X with no luck yet.

Going to give it a few more weeks then see about scraping up more funds & looking at the leftover 08/09's.

Cheapest new leftover I've found in FL was around 5k. Does that sound about right? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
rider213

rider213

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Thanks.

Just got back from my second ride on the new to me 08. This little WR is wicked. (even with the stock muffler reinstalled. Have a yosh rs2 for sale btw)

Been looking for something that would recapture the feeling that my first ds bike (XL600R) brought. Thinking this is the one.

As "ride to the ride" dualsports go, I got a new DRZ in 04...modded, rode, then sold it in 05 to get an 05 XRL, XRL went in favor of the WR. The DRZ & XRL both had alot of good points and were fun....but most everything about this WR just "feels" right. Very impressed with the power its got (stock) for a 250cc DS bike that's built to last. Gearbox is silky smooth.

As smooth shifting gearboxes go...the only thing I've owned that compares to it was my 01 Bandit 1200S.

Haven't really put the stock suspension thru the paces yet but am expecting good things.

This is a killer forum btw, good group. I haven't been posting much, but have been reading a Bunch. Guess it's time to mow some grass. Best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Hello from Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Florida
Page 1 of 1