Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight

Go down 
+20
jimrobinette
Infra
Jäger
jonny-NITRO
matttys
superbee24
Nice Rumble
lamented
lukachuki
Crawdaddy
bash3r
hughtwg
clapped_r6
vwsandman
WRoldman
King Wolf
INSTIGATOR
skierd
HOSS
12oclocker
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
skierd

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:20 pm

If Santa's nice to me, I'll be getting this for Christmas! I like the half chasing signal. I really like the plug n' play part.
Back to top Go down
lukachuki

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

As soon as I get a bike this will be one of my first mods along with the cycra hand guard flashers....I dislike greatly the stock unit. Thanks for building this for us.
Back to top Go down
lamented

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:53 pm

Nice, I'll take one.

Two questions:

Can you sell just the light and board to go into the DRC edge light we might already own?

Can you post up a pic of YOUR under the fender licence plate mount? cheers

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 pm

12-Great design! I'll take one. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:17 pm

lamented wrote:
Nice, I'll take one.

Two questions:

Can you sell just the light and board to go into the DRC edge light we might already own?

Can you post up a pic of YOUR under the fender licence plate mount? cheers

Thanks!

Yes, I will be able to sell just the module that replaces the stock board inside the DRC edge2.
The mount's that will come with the kit are the DRC license plate mounts, I have no way to mass produce my license plate mount yet.
But here is a picture of it anyway...

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 Wr250x-license-plate-mount
Back to top Go down
lamented

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:19 pm

Awesome thanks. I'll take a board kit. Already have the DRC thanks!
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Same here, already have the DRC, how much for the board kit ? Is it something someone with limited skills and a small vocabulary can install?
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm in for one .. DEFINITELY!! ASAPPLY!! I'll pay now!!

I need the whole kit... still running the stock light now.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 pm

superbee24 wrote:
Same here, already have the DRC, how much for the board kit ? Is it something someone with limited skills and a small vocabulary can install?

It will be fairly easy to install, remove the taillight assembly lens, unscrew the old board, screw in the new board. reattach the lens.
Getting the board separate is a little bit more, because I've offset some of my cost by working out a deal to become a DRC dealer.
for just the board it will probably be somewhere between $35 to $40. I'm assuming anyone that already has the DRC has hardwired their unit to the bike, so the module by default will not include the OEM connector set. I can get the turn signal and taillight connector set for and additional $10.

Quote :

I'm in for one .. DEFINITELY!! ASAPPLY!! I'll pay now!!
I need the whole kit... still running the stock light now.

I going to try and have a PayPal pre-order page up by tomorrow, that way everyone that wants one can pre-order.
Once I get 5 or 10 pre-orders, I'll put in my parts order (takes about 5 days to get the parts in) then assemble all the units (that will take about another 5 days) units will ship out in the order the pre-orders came.
Back to top Go down
lukachuki

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Idiotically enough i'm thinking about preordering one of these....and I don't even have a WR yet.

baldy
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

lukachuki wrote:
Idiotically enough i'm thinking about preordering one of these....and I don't even have a WR yet.

baldy

it's not a bad idea, once they hit the 12oclocklabs website, I think I'm going to retail them at $149 or more, it's a pretty involved process to build these boards. anyone who get's in on the first run it going to get them for a deal!
Back to top Go down
HOSS

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm in for one. I'll watch this post for preorder info
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:56 pm

12oclocker wrote:
Here's the video everyone...
Maybe I missed it, but what happens if you're braking with the blinkers on? Can the turn signal be differentiated since it's the same color LED? Have you considered amber LEDs for the turn signals? I didn't think about this until I saw the post pasted in below over on the monster thread......

With regards to legality concerns raised in the monster thread.....this set up will not be legal in CA. but neither are all those little "decorative" flush mount/stalk mount LEDS.......that's why the stockers are so big/wide spread......

Post form Monster thread:

[quote=Ed@Ford]Massively clever, but an answer to a question noone asked. I believe from data provided by Baja Designs years ago that California, and maybe other states have a minimum center-to-center distance on turn signals around 8", and Federal law I now believe requires yellow turn signals. Consequently, this light is illegal. Having said that the average local yokel law enforcement doesn't know this level of detail, and after 25 years of dirt bike riding without turn signals, I've never been pulled over for lighting violations of any kind. My concern has more to do with an insurance company lawsuit in the event you get run over from behind by a 4 wheeler "confused" by the tail light during a stopping or turning event. In other words, I don't want to be considered even slightly at fault when I'm rammed from behind where they are 101% at fault.

It may be worthwhile to redesign the system to use yellow LED turn signals replacing the stock ones, and have the turn signals act as constant on running lights, a bright mode to act as brake lights, bright mode for turns, combined with the quick double flash at the onset of braking. Since LED's flash so quickly, such a system OUGHT to wake up the sleepy 4 wheeler ready to ram you! Finally, I have no problem with this comment being forwarded to the creator of this system, as I am not a member of the WRR forum.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Braking with the Blinkers on is in the video, everything get's brighter. just as easy to tell the blinker is on as when the brake is off. The Safety brake pulsing will NOT occur during a turn signal pattern, I made sure of that during programming.
I did consider amber color LED's for turning, but it ended up not being possible, here's why....
There are 2 rows of 8 stacked LED's. When turning left,the right side displays as the constant taillight, when turning right,the left side is used as the constant taillight. because of this sharing the entire taillight would end up being orange. and flashing anything less than half is not equally noticeable, and I was not happy with the visual appearance of flashing less than half.
So yes the LED's are all red, my trailer taillights are all red, and my trailer pulses one of the taillights brighter for a turn signal. I've seen some car's that pulse red in a taillight for turn signal as well. Yes the integrated lights are close together, as many other integrated kits sometimes are.
If you live in a state which has laws such as CA, are your worried about it, you'll have to make your own decision.
Personally I think this taillight is going to really catch peoples attention! Unless the driver is sleeping at the wheel, I'm sure they are going to notice a fancy dancing light pattern on the rear of a motorcycle! Most likely they are going to notice these turn signals better than a stock set, just because they are so unique.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:07 pm

12oclocker wrote:
....Braking with the Blinkers on is in the video, everything get's brighter....
Yep, just viewed it again.....I'm still "in" and NOT worried about all the dumb-ass legalities (illegalities? WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 Icon_scratch ) in the land of fruits and nuts (CA.)....the "ornamental/decorative" lights on my KTMs/Honda put out less light than this set-up and they're obviously not legal either.......screw it, let's ride! WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 379944
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 pm

12OC - where in Ohio are you?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:52 pm

over in Troy
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: PRE-ORDER LINK   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:58 pm

--PREORDER LINK--
Ok, here's the pre-order link. this is special price, once it hits the 12oclockLabs website the price goes up.
http://www.12oclocklabs.com/page.php?page=edge2_preorder.htm
(I originally thought I could fit everything into a small flat rate box, but it wont fit, so I had to use a medium priority mail flat rate box)
If your outside the USA please contact me for shipping cost, and paypal invoice.
Once the pre-orders are all in, I will get are the parts ordered up, and assemble these units and get them shipped out to everyone as fast as possible!
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:30 pm

12oclocker wrote:
--PREORDER LINK--
Ok, here's the pre-order link. this is special price, once it hits the 12oclockLabs website the price goes up.
Payment sent.....so much for back pedaling/holding off on vanity purchases WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 723941 WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 851577 WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 61865
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Ohhh! That it Awesome!
I am definitely going to order that. ...just needs some more funds. Empty from Christmas shopping.

Quick question - are you going to make versions for other bikes like the WR450F too?
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:19 pm

jonny-NITRO wrote:
Ohhh! That it Awesome!
I am definitely going to order that. ...just needs some more funds. Empty from Christmas shopping.

Quick question - are you going to make versions for other bikes like the WR450F too?

Yes, I just need to test the design with other bikes to make sure everything is ok and nothing needs modified for compatibility, DRZ400 is next on the list, I will add WR250F to the list.

I'm probably going to close the pre-order capability soon, maybe by monday, head's up for anyone else who wants to go ahead and jump on board, I've got 5 pre-orders, which is enough to place the parts orders, but I'd like to give anyone the opportunity to get in on this that wants to before I put in the orders for the boards and parts, at the same time I want to minimize the wait for those who have ordered.
thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
lamented

PostSubject: PRE ORDER   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey will there be a pre order for the board only for the guys with the edge and LP bracket already? I hope so, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm

lamented wrote:
Hey will there be a pre order for the board only for the guys with the edge and LP bracket already? I hope so, Thanks!
yes, I'm actually working on that right now, I should have that up by today!
Back to top Go down
lamented

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Board on ly perorder   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:48 pm

---BOARD ONLY PRE-ORDER LINK---
Ok Here is the pre-order link for the [Board Only] or [Board + OEM Connectors] only, I will be able to fit this into a small flat rate box, so shipping will be $4.95 Priority Mail anywhere in the 48 states.
http://www.12oclocklabs.com/page.php?page=edge2_pcb_preorder.htm
I can do 4 of these, after that paypal will show 'out of stock', I have 9 MCU's to build these units, that's all I can get right now, the MCU's are on backorder for 2.5 months, so once these 9 units are built, the product probably wont hit the website for 2.5 months (unless I find another supplier with them in stock, but I've been looking, and everyone is out of stock right now)
So if only 3 people want the 'board only' option, I will open up ordering for 1 more full kit, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R/X Integrated Taillight   WR250R/X Integrated Taillight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R/X Integrated Taillight
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next