Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is my fuel pump functioning properly??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
desertfiend

Is my fuel pump functioning properly?? Empty
PostSubject: Is my fuel pump functioning properly??   Is my fuel pump functioning properly?? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi WR peoples-

Been having some issues recently cold starting my 2012 wr250r. I was getting ready to replace my spark plug when I figured id take a look inside my 4.7gal IMS fuel tank (which I had also recently installed) and see what fuel pump was doing. This is the video of the fuel pump while idling  

I just never looked at my fuel pump while the bike was running before so Im just wondering if the bubbles and the spraying gas is a normally functioning fuel pump- curious what you guys think? Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Monica

Is my fuel pump functioning properly?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my fuel pump functioning properly??   Is my fuel pump functioning properly?? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Well, the fuel route is going the correct way out the regulator but it's kinda hard to tell if the pump or regulator are still doing the job properly. I just replaced my pump and regulator, the bike would turn over a bit to star, then roughly idle for 30sec-1min then die out as if it ran out of gas. Unk if it was the pump or regulator that bit the dust but I replaced both at the same time as the recommendation of a riding buddy.

I used this:
https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-23900497-quantum-30mm-efi-fuel-pump-w-regulator-for-yamaha-wr25r-2012-2020.html

My pump issue was not heat related like the majority if the WRR owner posts I'm reading online. Mine acted like a carb'd bike running out of gas, hot or cold.

What's your bike doing?
Back to top Go down

Is my fuel pump functioning properly??
Page 1 of 1