Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Suspension setup for light rider

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DahStone

Suspension setup for light rider Empty
PostSubject: Suspension setup for light rider   Suspension setup for light rider EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Ok I'm roughly 140 and stand at 5,9. On my wr my suspension is all stock. I do about 50/50 on and off road, but I can tell the suspension is too stiff for me. When I'm on the road and hit a bump it throws me up and there little give in the suspension. So is there any other light weight riders that sorta has there suspension dialed in that could give me some advice?

Much appreciated

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Suspension setup for light rider   Suspension setup for light rider EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 8:30 am

Sounds like you need lighter springs

Set the rear rebound adjuster to max damping (all the way in) Tjis should reduce som of the "Kick back"
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Suspension setup for light rider   Suspension setup for light rider EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 5:04 am

DahStone wrote:
So is there any other light weight riders that sorta has there suspension dialed in that could give me some advice?

I weigh 127 lbs (58 kg). You will need softer springs for the front, but the rear spring is fine for your weight (it's fine even for me).

The front hydraulics are fine, but you will need new shim stacks for the rear since the rebound damping is non-existent; the most cost-effective solution is Race Tech Gold Valve kit (P/N: SMGV4633).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension setup for light rider   Suspension setup for light rider Empty

Back to top Go down

Suspension setup for light rider
Page 1 of 1