Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Suspension setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
asaucier

Suspension setup Empty
PostSubject: Suspension setup   Suspension setup EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Hi,

I am a 155# rider that likes to hit the trails hard. My last bike was a KX250 but that was many years ago. I just wanted to hear what you guys are running for a suspension setup. I find the ass end is very stiff and springy and the front dives easy. I find that the front tire slides out easy. I have lowered the rear max and lowered the front forks about ½” I am running the front tire about 3 pounds under stock. Could someone that has mastered the suspension please help me get into the ballpark with the compression and rebound settings.

So far the bike has been a lot of fun. I just past my road test todayy.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Suspension setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension setup   Suspension setup EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Have you adjusted the rear shock preload to achieve 3.5" of sag with your butt on the seat?
That's a good start.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Suspension setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension setup   Suspension setup EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:06 pm

What tires are you running, the stock ones? If so, that's the slide-out problem on the front tire. Those things are useless in loose stuff. I had to adjust the sag on mine to about 3 threads from the top of the shock, as well as adjust the clicker. The front forks I also adjusted because it was a tad squishy. I've since had the suspension redone because it wasn't quite what I wanted for off-road riding. It's bang on now, no pogo-sticking or dive-bombing. thumb

Suspension setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension setup   Suspension setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Suspension setup
Page 1 of 1