Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Summer Jacket?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandonA.

Summer Jacket? Empty
PostSubject: Summer Jacket?   Summer Jacket? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Hello, I am looking for a protective jacket to wear in summertime (very light) riding trails or the street. I am new to dualsport and my first jacket is too warm.

I like this one in fall but not on hot days! This is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Dualsport-Motorbike-Breathable-WATERPROOF/dp/B075YVSTX1/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=summer+Dual+Sport+Jacket&qid=1592437452&sr=8-1

It is too warm even with liner removed...... Any Ideas? I am on a budget.....
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
BrandonA.

Summer Jacket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Jacket?   Summer Jacket? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Hi guys, I've got another question for you. I bought this body armor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K9KVVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

* While wearing this and riding trails at speeds say 35mph and slower on a HOT summer day would one wear a (summer motorcycle jacket) OR some (sort of long sleeve protective T-shirt)? What would be my options? I road dirtbike 20 years ago with just a helmet and nothing else so all this protective gear is new to me!!!!!

Thanks! Trying to get set up for summer but running behind!
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

Summer Jacket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Jacket?   Summer Jacket? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 9:47 am

I started using an Icon Mesh AFCE jacket. Not the best armor of my jacket collection but certainly the best air flow. I think it's cooler riding in the hot sun with it than in a tshirt (at least as long as you're moving). They could have done the cuffs a bit better (they used zippers). No inner lining or pocket.
Oh, and don't buy a black hot weather jacket  :nono:    My Icon is silver.
Back to top Go down
BrandonA.

Summer Jacket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Jacket?   Summer Jacket? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 11:10 am

Thanks on2wheels52, I ordered a few options. I decided to go with a Mesh Grey Fieldsheer Jacket for hot days and a Klim lite Jersey.

Now I am after pants. I am looking at good options for trail riding and on the street for hot days. So far I have these pants: Not sure how well they will work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NA0OZ3S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

THanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Jacket? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Jacket?   Summer Jacket? Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Jacket?
Page 1 of 1