Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gerbing's heated jacket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
railbird

railbird

Gerbing's heated jacket Empty
PostSubject: Gerbing's heated jacket   Gerbing's heated jacket EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:50 pm

I just picked up a Gerbing's heated jacket on tuesday, and I will never scoff again at electric clothing. Wow! Why did I wait so long? I first tried it under my Firstgear Kathmandu with the liner in on a 35-40 degree day and it was almost too hot. I tried it with my vented mesh Shift jacket with just the waterproof liner in and still toasty! I mounted the controller to the front of the fuel tank with velcro and ran the wires under the left shroud directly to the battery. I "tested" the draw without the jacket plugged in by accidentally leaving the controller on for 2 days. The little red "on" LED didn't draw enough to cause any starting issues. The jacket has integral plugs behind zippers on the sleeves for plugging in gloves, which I will not need with my Zeta handguards. The jacket doesn't look to dorky for wearing off the bike, and is well made. They also offer pants and insoles, as well as a lithium battery setup. $270.00 for jacket and controller.

http://gerbing.com/ for more info.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Gerbing's heated jacket   Gerbing's heated jacket EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Sounds like a hot set-up. poser2
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Gerbing's heated jacket   Gerbing's heated jacket EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm

I keeping thinking that heated gear should go on sale in the summer time, but it never does. Which is why I keep saying, maybe next year I'll get some heated gloves.

Living in Las Vegas, I ride year-round and yes Virginia, gets freezing cold here. But they say it's dry cold. My hands are the first to go and hand guards don't help enough. Gerbings T5 gloves are on my wish list...next summer when they go on sale. Doh!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Gerbing's heated jacket   Gerbing's heated jacket EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Don't forget Warm n Safe! Less expensive, especially with the ADVRider coupon, more convenience with the remote heatroller, and better fit from my experience. I LOVE my classic rider gloves, and they've been warm into the single digits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerbing's heated jacket   Gerbing's heated jacket Empty

Back to top Go down

Gerbing's heated jacket
Page 1 of 1