Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Member New WR owner in San Diego

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ericz123

New Member New WR owner in San Diego Empty
PostSubject: New Member New WR owner in San Diego   New Member New WR owner in San Diego EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 am

Hi, I am super stoked to own this 2001 WR250f!

Once I get it all dialed-in I would be down for some group rides (if this group does those)

Or if you are here in SD just hit me up and let's ride!

Bought the bike cheap and needing some repairs (and it came CA street plated!)

Big-bore kit of some kind installed and bottom-end already rebuilt (prior to me thankfully) since i assume it saw many hours from new in 2001

Came to me running somewhat (at least I could tell it had great power and compression when it did run) but not starting or idling at all.

Since have installed newly rebuilt carb and now it runs smoothly and idles perfectly but still doesn't start via kickstarter (still pop-start only)

Just purchased an iKAT off ebay for $100 to see if that helps.. if not... then probably valve adjustment??

Runs with excellent power so it probably can't be that far off.. but I've heard if the intakes are just a bit on the tight side it can cause a hard-starting issue.

Anyways this will be cross-posted in the maintenance section as well.... didn't really intend to drone on about this in here.. but if you have any input please share. TIA

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

New Member New WR owner in San Diego Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member New WR owner in San Diego   New Member New WR owner in San Diego EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 am

Howdy.

This isn't the right place for the WR250F.
This forum is for two different models made by Yamaha called the WR250R (Dual Purpose version) and WR250X (Motard version).
The bikes are as different as can be.
The WR250R and WR250X are fuel injected with different engines.
Your WR250F has a carburetor with a different engine design.

The ThumperTalk forum for the WR250F is more like it.
Back to top Go down

New Member New WR owner in San Diego
Page 1 of 1