Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Odometer functions don't work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nanard

Odometer functions don't work Empty
PostSubject: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:33 am

le compteur de vitesse,les 2 compteurs journalier,ne fonctionnent plus. Le chronometre fonctionne.      comment faire pour réparer ?
Merci pour vos réponses.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 10:33 pm

If the speedometer and trip meters don't work, then there's probably something wrong with the speed sensor. Does the odometer work?

If you don't have a service manual, PM me your email address and I can send it to you.
Back to top Go down
nanard

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:53 am

Merci johnkol.
L'odometre ne fonctionne pas.
Mon adresse mail : bernablond@yahoo.fr
Encore merci.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 1:24 am

If the odometer doesn't work either, then the speed sensor is the most likely culprit. Note that the speed sensor on the WR is on the engine block, not the front wheel where it usually resides on other motorbikes.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 10:41 am

Loving the progress of this thread cheers
Back to top Go down
nanard

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:07 am

Malgres votre aide,je n'arrive pas a reparer. ça ne m'empche pas de rouler.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 9:39 pm

If you were able to determine that the speed sensor is no longer working, then I don't think you can repair it; replacing it would be the only option, although I do realise that in France the speed sensor costs twice as much as in the US.
Back to top Go down
nanard

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 1:46 am

Je n'ai pas réussi à tester le capteur.Je ne sais pas si il fonctionne ou pas.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 6:22 pm

Were you able to perform Diagnostic Monitoring #7 (page 8-38)?
Back to top Go down
nanard

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 2:10 am

Non,je n'ai pas réussi a faire la surveillance diagnostique !!!! Pour commancé il faut éffacé le numero de panne sur le compteur,je n'arrive pas a l'éffacé.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:38 pm

You mean there is an active fault code being displayed? Which fault code is it?
Back to top Go down
nanard

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:56 am

Sur le compteur il y a un message de panne numero 42 (panne sonde compteur).
Pour commencé le diagnostique ii faut enlever le numero 42,et je n'arrive pas a le supprimer.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 2:02 pm

Fault Code 42 is the Speed Sensor error code, so the bike was reporting the problem all along.

I have never had a Fault Code, but the service manual implies that one should still be able to go into Diagnostic Mode; maybe other members can chime in here.

If you have a voltmeter you can run the diagnostic test outlined on page 8-77; this step does not require that you go into Diagnostic Mode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odometer functions don't work   Odometer functions don't work Empty

Back to top Go down

Odometer functions don't work
Page 1 of 1