Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

12V for 3CS Fusebox relay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rpo83

rpo83

12V for 3CS Fusebox relay Empty
PostSubject: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:52 am

Can anyone tell me if i can pick up a 12V source from the EXUP controller????

As i have relocated my Graves eliminator under my seat, i was thinking it would be easier to tap 12V from it rather than piercing a cable.

Is there a 12V source on permanently when the bike is on, or does the voltage vary?

Any other options that i should consider ?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I wouldn't tap into the EXUP harness. Why not just run a set of wires direct to the battery with a fuse inline? If you only want power when the key is on, then you need to tap into a brown wire. Here's a wiring diagram if you don't already have one.

http://keysdog.com/YamahaWR/WR250RX%20Wiring%20Diagram.jpg
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Thanks for the reply and diagram mwakey. 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay 61865

I had posted the same question on ADV, and was informed that the EXUP connector wouldn't be suitable. Your wiring diagram help alot.. Thanks
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:22 pm

I am still undecided about the best way to trigger the switched outlets of the 3CS from eastern beaver scratch

I am loath to tap into a wire if i can help it, i have been probing about with the multi-meter and found that the connector for the electric solenoid that i removed with the flapper has 12V when ignition is on.

Does anyone know if this is a static voltage that is there all the time?? This connector is perfect as far as location goes, i just hope it is suitable.

If any of you guys know much about the mysterious electrical workings of these complex bikes, i would love some help.

This is the connector i am talking about.

12V for 3CS Fusebox relay L1000754
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:13 pm

That wire should have 12v positive all the time. Yamaha triggers things with the ground wire, so most everything is always hot when the key is on. You shouldn't have a problem using that wire from the flapper solenoid. You might want to trace it back on the diagram and see what size fuse is connected to it, so you know how many amps you have to work with.
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

I'm only using it to switch the relay, so no real load. thumb
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm hooking up the Eastern Beav 3CS today so this is really helpful.....tapped into the brown wire from the flapper solenoid based on comments above........hope that works 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay Icon_scratch (talk of multi-meters/wiring diagrams is beyond me - I'm an electrical idiot)

I'll be running the Red (unswitched lead) to either GPS or battery tender via a SAE plug.......one switched lead will handle heated grips which I'll also be installing today.......the other switched lead will just have a SAE connector/plug for now while I figure out what I want to do......will probably run power to the tankbag with the third SAE plug (eventually) with some sort of pigtail (SAE and/or Cigar) to charge my phone/camera/(?)...

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Powerlet/Tankbag_SAE/tankbag_sae.html

Once I get this electrical "stuff" all sorted I'll throw the GPR on to cap things off 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay 93746
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:20 pm

rpo83 wrote:
......i have been probing about with the multi-meter and found that the connector for the electric solenoid that i removed with the flapper has 12V when ignition is on.
My unswitched connection is fine for GPS/Battery Tender but I tapped into the brown wire at the solennoid and had no luck powering my switched leads 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay Icon_scratch ......would someone please help with "electrical connections for dummys" and point me to the exact location/color of the brake light wire that everyone seems to be tapping into with their 3CS?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:55 am

I used the plug RPO pointed to, red w/ white stripe wire i think. Everything works on mine.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Dumb Ass Alert   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:32 am

Ya know why I couldn't get the hot lead from the flapper solenoid to work? .......I MISSED the friggin wire when I went to puncture it 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay Lol 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay 723941 .......all better now........heated grips are toasty when fired......only downside, it was TOO HOT in the desert this past weekend to use'em 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay Icon_rolleyes 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay 851577 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay 613970
Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 pm

My 3cs arrived today along with powerlet outlet, adapter, and mounting bracket. Just waiting on heated grips and progrips to start. I love getting packages for my bike...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12V for 3CS Fusebox relay   12V for 3CS Fusebox relay Empty

Back to top Go down

12V for 3CS Fusebox relay
Page 1 of 1