Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Arizonan buying new bike from Florida

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean K

Arizonan buying new bike from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Arizonan buying new bike from Florida   Arizonan buying new bike from Florida EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 am

Hello all, from Mesa Arizona.

There are no new WRs to be found in the southwest so I found a dealer in Florida and basically bought a 2020 WR250R over the phone. Still trying to arrange shipping through Uship and Citizenshipper. Looks like it's going to be 5-700 dollars to ship it. Oh well, no other choice. Ended up having to pay MSRP plus doc and other fees. When it gets to AZ I will have to pay sales tax and registration. What's my point? Who cares about the cost, it will be here in a few weeks. Life's too short.

I am an MSF RiderCoach who did not begin riding until I was 44 years old. I ended up working for my PD as a motorcop for six years and in the mean time started collecting Yamahas in my garage. I have a 2012 Super Tenere, a 69 Yamaha CT1, a 74DT100, and a 76 DT175. I also ordered a Honda CRF 300L Rally but it won't be here until October/November. My dirt and trail skills are moderate at best, but getting better at 54 years old.

Looking forward to the WR. I am short at 5'6" but tall bikes don't bother me. Looking forward to sharing rides with my WR and Rally with my two son-in-laws who are smartly spending money taking care of my daughters instead of accumulating motorcycles like me.

I have a lot to learn on the WR platform for sure. I promise I won't ask what oil is best for the WR :) I am fortunate to have a cabin in southern Utah as well in the Duck Creek Village area in the pines with lots of trails to ride the bikes.

Sean

Back to top Go down
Thekull

Arizonan buying new bike from Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizonan buying new bike from Florida   Arizonan buying new bike from Florida EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 8:12 am

Welcome Sean!
Back to top Go down

Arizonan buying new bike from Florida
Page 1 of 1