Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Switch question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robe338

Switch question Empty
PostSubject: Switch question   Switch question EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:40 am

Ive noticed some Yamaha LH controls/switches from non us countries have an extra switch next to the grip. Anybody know what they use the switch for?

Switch question E6bef710
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Switch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch question   Switch question EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 11:50 am

It's not shown nor mentioned in the 2009 U.K. owner's manual; I'm not fluent enough in French and German to go looking for and reading their owner's manuals.

Being located next to the light controls, I'll take a wild assed guess and say it might change whether the headlight dips to the right or to the left for Europeans that may be driving between countries where you drive on the right in one country and on the left in another country i.e. taking the Chunnel between England and France.

But that's just a guess. I haven't been in Europe since the army last sent me there in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Robe338

Switch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch question   Switch question EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. Ive seen it in photos of wr250’s and other Yamaha models from other countries. I was curious if it could be used as a on/off switch. I did not want to spend the $$ to find out otherwise. Mine has a removable plug in its spot and looks like a switch could be added if the correct one was located. I ended up doing this for the time being:
Switch question 5134a810

Its not the prettiest but it works for my auxiliary light and keeps less clutter on the bars. If I ever find out if that other switch is a on/off switch or not, ill swap out for one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Switch question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch question   Switch question Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch question
Page 1 of 1