Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another Ottawa Valley boy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Six8

Six8

Another Ottawa Valley boy Empty
PostSubject: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Gidday. I've been lurking the shadows for a while and I'll be buying a R2 next month; 2010 Febuary.
I've had several dirt bikes in the past like, 20 years ago and have test rode a few this summer with the WR250R being the clear winner Another Ottawa Valley boy 525406 ! I like the smoothness and lack of detectable vibration, my last bike was a Yamaha IT 175, looks like team blue still has the "right stuff". I plan mostly to trail ride at the cottage and at the moose camp (Mattawa Ontario) and possible with Search and Rescue which I am a volunteer (canine right now).

There seems to be no end to the Farkles Another Ottawa Valley boy Icon_scratch which to buy, now, then later... I've got the Flatland skid plate as #1 good hand gards as #2 the Yamaha rear rack as #3. Now do I really need the magnetic oil drain plug? The list of blue aluminum covers, plugs and guards is a long list. the disc brake guard look cool but, do you realy need them or the chain guide?

The FMF programer is interesting, as I'd like some more low end grunt but keeping the engine protected from water is a major concer (opening the airbox) as in easter Ontario and Quebec mud, and beaver ponds are the norm.
I'd like to hear how they work on an otherwise "stock" bike.

Any feed back is welcome.

For you others in Ottawa and/or close by types who want to go for a ride in the spring give me a PM.
Week days are prime for me as I work shift work (firefigher) but weekends and evenings are ok too.

Tracy (Mr.) Another Ottawa Valley boy 942737
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome, Hi!
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:18 am

You have many question my little one. But you have come to the right place. All in good time. Go, go & ride now. Enjoy the freedom from working on a near perfect bike. All in good time...........& yes, your are most WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi all.
The deed is done I bought a new WR2 yesterday, and some farkles to go on it ta boot.
Did some phoneing around and found a wide range of deals.
So I'm thinking I did ok price and dealer wise.

Now for some mild weather and getting ride of this snow. Another Ottawa Valley boy 9356 The waiting is going to kill me!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Welcome !   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Is Montreal a "close by type" ? Another Ottawa Valley boy 93746 We definitely should set something up come spring time. Another Ottawa Valley boy 61865
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

10-4 on MontrealAnother Ottawa Valley boy 61865

I;ve a cottage near Notre Dame Du Laus and no shortage of ATV/ Snow mobile trails to ride! Another Ottawa Valley boy 61865
There is also the Larose forest in eastern ontario but a lot of the trails are "no motors only". Another Ottawa Valley boy 645337

The idea of day trips is very appealing, a full tank of gas, fresh batteries for the GPS and go chase some horizion. Another Ottawa Valley boy 93746

Tracy
Back to top Go down
Skeandhu

Skeandhu

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 am

Hello!!!

Another WRR in Ottawa... this is getting crazy. beavis
My wife and I are both on WRRs, and there are a few others in the area as well.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out the Bytown Motorcycle Association. They've been around for years for trail riders, and now are starting to cater to the Dual-Sport crowd as well.

BMA - http://bytown-motorcycle-assoc.ca/
BMA Forum - http://bytown-motorcycle-assoc.ca/phpBB3/
BMA Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bytown-Motorcycle-Association-BMA/124504742388

There is good riding in the Ottawa area, including Limerick Forest, Calabogie, and even parts of Larose (as you mentioned). We only got the bikes late last summer, so I haven't had a chance to experience these places first hand... however I have heard good things. Also, I'm not a big fan of super-slab on the R2, so any trails further than 30min out will have me trailering it. Very happy

See you on the streets / trails!
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Another Ottawa Valley boy 525406
I sent you a PM
I do plan to join
Rode some in larose Forest and there is 2 inches of liquid mud over an ice base Another Ottawa Valley boy 527254
I did not last long
We'er up to 350Kms and one oil change done at 200KM
Have a ride planed down to Ogdensbur NY to pick up a M/C jacket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Ottawa Valley boy   Another Ottawa Valley boy Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Ottawa Valley boy
Page 1 of 1