Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
johnkol

2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 10:57 pm

Flynavy wrote:
… nothing is broke, it’s missing the entire worm gear!

I didn't think there was a worm gear there, I thought it was just a ratchet mechanism (with assistance from oil pressure).

Is it possible to put it back together, or do you need to get a new one?
Back to top Go down
Flynavy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 11:08 pm

johnkol wrote:
Flynavy wrote:
… nothing is broke, it’s missing the entire worm gear!

I didn't think there was a worm gear there, I thought it was just a ratchet mechanism (with assistance from oil pressure).

Is it possible to put it back together, or do you need to get a new one?

Maybe this will help you visualize what’s going on… the spring and pin thread onto this large worm gear. I can’t even begin to guess what the previous dude was up to.

2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 Img_4510
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 3:15 am

Flynavy wrote:
Maybe this will help you visualize what’s going on… the spring and pin thread onto this large worm gear.  I can’t even begin to guess what the previous dude was up to.

That's the ratchet mechanism, but in any case, the point is that you have to get a new one.

FWIW, I don't believe that the absence of the ratchet mechanism contributed to the wear and tear the head had.
Back to top Go down
Flynavy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 7:02 pm

johnkol wrote:
Flynavy wrote:
Maybe this will help you visualize what’s going on… the spring and pin thread onto this large worm gear.  I can’t even begin to guess what the previous dude was up to.

That's the ratchet mechanism, but in any case, the point is that you have to get a new one.

FWIW, I don't believe that the absence of the ratchet mechanism contributed to the wear and tear the head had.

Got the new tensioner in. Everything tightened to spec, turns out I was reading my wrench wrong so everything was 10lbs too much for the life of the wrench.

I even torqued valve cover cap per the manual, all 8. Happy about that.

I’m not seeing any leaks. That Yamaha OEM gasket is an interesting one with the three layers of metals.

Bike has been listed for 3700.00. Doesn’t help that a 2018 nearby is listed for 4000.00, but time will tell and I’m sure the market will tell me.

If I can successfully sell alllllll these spare parts, and sell the bike in the 3300-3500 range, this will be a win. Can’t begin to explain how much I learned so huge thanks to you as well.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 3:40 pm

So everything works now?

Did you end up figuring out the RPM discrepancy in Diagnostic Mode?
Back to top Go down
Flynavy

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 4:25 pm

johnkol wrote:
So everything works now?

Did you end up figuring out the RPM discrepancy in Diagnostic Mode?

Everything is working good. I never did figure that out…
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 4:06 am

Good luck with the sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues    2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 won’t idle, tried a bunch, weird issues
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9