Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Latest mods

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancho

Pancho

Latest mods Empty
PostSubject: Latest mods   Latest mods EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi all, today I was with almost no work, so I decided to chop the license plate holder, and this is what I've done:
Latest mods Img0384p

I removed all the plastic holder, including license plate light. Then as our license plate has wide holes on top and bottom, I "inserted" it on the aluminium rails, and hold it with some bolts. Also added a bycicle cateye, and a plastic strip on the edge of the plate, as it's sharp and dangerous.

Here's the bottom view
Latest mods Img0385u

I've also removed the BMW top case, way too heavy for the WRR. So I found some old bycicle saddlebagas and bolt them to the chopping board. The saddlebags already came with a piece of hard plastic inside to keep the shape, with 2 holes, so I added 2 more and now it's part of the WRR. You can see it almost empty in the first picture, and fully loaded in this one:
Latest mods Img0387p

Here you can see the bolts I added and the plastic inside the bags:
Latest mods Img0388yo
So far is working great, and in the case of a failure with the bag, I have the other one of the pair!

I also removed the sidestand switch.... Latest mods 810411
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

Latest mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest mods   Latest mods EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Pancho wrote:
I also removed the sidestand switch.... Latest mods 810411

I'm suprised how many people don't do this. It's really easy and makes a big difference when you are bumping down the trail.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

Latest mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest mods   Latest mods EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:00 am

nice mods, pancho. Thanks for the pics & ideas. I also cut up my tail light.. not as elegant as the nice drc units, but it's much simpler & cleaner than stock. I took off the side stand switch & clutch switches first thing, too. I prefer it simple.
scotty
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

Latest mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest mods   Latest mods EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Quote :
I took off the side stand switch & clutch switches first thing, too
The sidestand switch is some how "unnecessary", but the clutch one? Don't you have the risk of someone starting the bike on gear? Latest mods Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

Latest mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest mods   Latest mods EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Pancho wrote:
Quote :
I took off the side stand switch & clutch switches first thing, too
The sidestand switch is some how "unnecessary", but the clutch one? Don't you have the risk of someone starting the bike on gear? Latest mods Icon_scratch

I suppose.. But i am already in the habit of starting with the clutch pulled in, & if not, i make sure it's in neutral.. nice thing about the neutral light.

On my old drz, i had the clutch switch act up out on the trail.. took me a long time to figure out why it wouldn't start. After that, i took it out, figuring one less thing to go wrong.

Anyway, i'll put in a disclaimer: No one should disconnect any of the safety switches on their bikes.. nor should anyone alter the fuel or exhaust systems, or do any other modifications to their bike other than put gas in it. Take it to the dealer for all other service issues, even oil changes. Latest mods 851577
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Latest mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest mods   Latest mods Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest mods
Page 1 of 1