Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy

Go down 
+13
Tammy
slolane
texasreb
Chrispy1200
SheWolf
f3joel
X-Racer
sswrx
WRoldman
King Wolf
matttys
greer
BPG
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
X-Racer

X-Racer

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Quote :
SheWolf: Nope, that's my seat heater.

* Eyes Wide Open * SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Seems redundant to me... SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 pm

What??! SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Suspect At least I can ride around and do stuff and not be one of those whiny DS riders who go...'oh no I can see my breath it's too cold to be out there riding!' Pussies... SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 911463

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:06 am

Chrispy1200 wrote:
f3joel wrote:
It is the zing cover that wheelingcyclesupply sells ( i pulled the stitching out of the logo and removed it )

How does it look where the logo was ? Can you notice the holes from the stitching ? I'm looking for a plain black cover without graphics but I can't find one............. SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Yes, you can see the stitching holes if you know they are there. But it doesn't bother me at all. You only really notice if you are up close and know they are there.
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 pm

I just finished shaving and recovering my seat thanks to the instructions of you fine folks. Makes a world of difference! I really love this bike now that is back to earth.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 pm

I was able to re-use the stock seat cover for the chopped set. Just took a little more time with the heat gun and a little stretching of the material.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:22 pm

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Seatproject010SmallSEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Seatproject009SmallSEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Seatproject002Small

I just finished my stepped seat mod last week & it turned out pretty decent thanks to everybodys tips. I used to have a Corbin but I decided I liked the factory cover's grip a little better so I sold the Corbin & modded the factory seat. I wrapped an extra layer of 1/2" foam that was slightly softer than stock in the middle area to widen the seat area. I took a 2 hr. ride yesterday & it worked really well & I can get a better reach on the ground now.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Good stuff! SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 61865 How do you find the comfort level with your modded seat compared to the Corbin?

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 pm

The comfort seems about equal, definately less slippery.
I tried to duplicate the Corbin seat contour at the front & made a step at the rear.
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm

GREAT JOB YOU ALL!!!

You inspired me to give my stock seat a go.

Plucked the staples with a screwdriver, nice and easy and no damage, then peeled back the cover:
SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Photo

Shaved, shaved and shaved some more to get it nice and low, ended up with a rough idea with only using a sawzall:
SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Photo2

My buddy owns an upholstery shop, he's gonna smooth it out a bit and recover for me, I will let you know how it turns out this week or next.

For now I have the Wheeling step seat to use so I'm not dead in the water.

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 93746
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Anyone add to the seat? I need to add 2" to mine. My legs seem to be a bit too long for the stock seat...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Holy Tam, you must be a tall girl! SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 640571

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 pm

inseam is 38in top of my head is 6'3 and yes the air is a lot better up here SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 851577
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Holy crap! Sounds like possible WNBA material to me.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Careful, I bet she could roll you into a ball and pitch you into the ditch. SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 93746

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:56 pm

I meant that with the utmost respect because she's got almost a foot on me
& I believe I would get my *** whooped.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 pm

He said NBA SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 911463 would not know what to do with a ball if you gave me a step by step how to SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 851577
and I have a time getting my bike up when I drop it... But if your not nice to me my lil brother can, he's only 6'11 tho SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 379944
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:10 am

Enjoy those legs, Tammy!! I have to tiptoe like a 4 year old.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 am

Enjoy nothing. Yes it's nice when I come to a stop by it stops there. As tall as I am no gear fits me and if I was to stand on the pegs and let the bars go my hand would be 6 to 8in away or something like that.. Hell I can't even find a dress that will fit me right SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 911463

But in really rocky stuff or mud I got ya all beat. In mud my big feet act like boats and I just ride over everything. They work so good I use my WR as a jet ski when it's too hot to ride SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 379944

Now about my seat? any one know of a taller seat??
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 am

I've read good things about these folks:

http://www.xpcracing.com/

Best of luck to you, I'm still working on shaving the top and sides of my seat a bit at a time.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:40 am

* wondering if they go all the way up *

Sorry... I had to say it. * ducks and runs *
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 pm

You can duck but from up here I can still see you SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 911463

I found a comp that will make me one... Got to send my seat to them tho, can't do that till it's tooo hot to race..
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Seat is done and feels perfect. If your going to do this mod take your time and get the right shape, this is a world of difference in riding now.

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 P4190028

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 P4190030
Back to top Go down
AndyMan

PostSubject: Another Source   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 am

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/

Great information, photos and videos of folks reworking seats.

I'll be tackling this job myself this winter... cross your fingers for me!

Back to top Go down
wheeliehooligan

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Do you think there is enough material in the seat to take off a total of 2 inches off the seat? Is that the correct way of doing it or should I take less material off the seat and get a lowering link too. I want to get the seat height of the bike as close to 32 inches as possible. If that's unrealistic than 34 inch seat height would be ok.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 4:12 pm

2 inches from the seat sounds excessive.

Have a look at this:https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t13972-trade-spiral-low-seat-for-stock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy   SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SEAT Mods - lower & more comfy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next