Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Insurance prices...

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
Reschly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Insurance prices... Empty
PostSubject: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm

I know that there are several variables, but what are you paying for your yearly insurance premium? Mention the basics ($/incident, collision...). Thanks for your assistance,

JAH
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:44 pm

102.00 a year 250 ded through progressive ( Basic )

Last edited by Reschly on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:09 am

Interesting topic. Be interesting to see the variations in prices.

Basic Insurance thru ICBC: (PLPD, TPL, Persoanl Plate + all those stupid fees) $408
Private Insurance: (covers all riding gear, trailer, and full comprehensive on the bike) $325
Total: $733

Had I gone full ICBC I would have paid well over $1000, and would not have had any coverage for gear, a trailer, or collision. Most bikers around here go with basic PLPD for the bikes and then go private to cover everything else. ICBC is a rip-off in the worst possible way. baldy

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:51 am

That covers your utility trailer Shewolf? That would be a real sweet deal if I could get the same thing you have.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:55 am

It covers and trailer you might use for carting a bike around; that could mean just a small utility trailer or a sled trailer. Yeah it is a nice setup when you go that route. Full replacement cost on ALL gear. Full replacement cost (current)on the bike as well. ICBC only replaces it to the year of the bike, not the CURRENT year.

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 am

liability, comprehensive, collision, major medical, 500 dollar deductable includes 1000$ coverage of custom parts.

23 year old male with 25 over ticket, following to close ticket, 2 at fault accidents

326 per year.

I can hit anything and they will pay for it! Very happy trees beware
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:22 pm

I suppose that in most places insurance is manditory. Here in Florida it is not required for motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 pm

CaptTurbo wrote:
I suppose that in most places insurance is manditory. Here in Florida it is not required for motorcycles.

I don't think that comparing different states is going to be valid. New York has a "No Fault" law for manditory medical coverage (you basically are required to cover yourself for injuries), in addition to manditory liability coverage (your company pays for property damage that you cause). When the law was first proposed in the 1970's, it was obvious that the required no-fault medical coverage would price the policies in the thousands. With the help of some good lobbies, we got an exemption that treats motorcycle riders as pedestrians. This means that we have no medical coverage on ourselves if we are at fault, but are covered if someone else is at fault. Because of this both my WRR and my CBR1000RR are each under $100 per year for manditory coverage. This of course doesn't include any loss coverage on my bikes if crashed or stolen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance prices...   Insurance prices... Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance prices...
Page 1 of 1