Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Muffler question

Go down 
+2
drater
88five-oh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
88five-oh

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey guys

I do a lot of 2-up riding and i was wondering if aftermarket mufflers get hot enough to burn my passengers leg, since they all (besides the GYTR/DRD) get rid of the stock heat shield...

-88five-oh
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 pm

i would say they get very hot and it's easy to melt some fabric. my fmf is melting hot! if the passenger stays on the pegs and a where at all times, they do good.
Back to top Go down
88five-oh

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 pm

alright then i have another question. I do want to keep the stock shield if possible because my girl would be pretty upset with a burn on her leg and i know that drd makes the gytr muffler, but i like the way the drd looks better. Where's the best place to buy that?
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 pm

88five-oh wrote:
Hey guys

I do a lot of 2-up riding and i was wondering if aftermarket mufflers get hot enough to burn my passengers leg, since they all (besides the GYTR/DRD) get rid of the stock heat shield...

-88five-oh
I just got my FMF Q4 in the mail today and I read the instructions and it says it is for one rider only, no passengers..
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 am

Hmmm...I've had a passenger quite a few times with my Q4. No burned legs. Muffler question 29721

Hertz

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 am

+1 Shewolf. I have the PowerCore and haul my girlfriend around occasionally.

Just make sure she knows that its hot and pants and shoes must be worn (mine has a problem with flip flops). The passenger peg on that side has a small guard that helps keep the foot in check.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:59 am

88five-oh wrote:
alright then i have another question. I do want to keep the stock shield if possible because my girl would be pretty upset with a burn on her leg and i know that drd makes the gytr muffler, but i like the way the drd looks better. Where's the best place to buy that?

These guys http://www.pcsupermoto.com/products.shtml made my sliders & have been good to deal with. I noticed they carrry the DRD exhaust (I think our bike is about $405). You will have to research to determine if it is a good price because I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muffler question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler question   Muffler question Empty

Back to top Go down

Muffler question
Page 1 of 1