Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

drz muffler?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
albany551

drz muffler? Empty
PostSubject: drz muffler?   drz muffler? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 pm

This might seem a bit bizarre, but has anyone tried bending/trimming an OEM drz400s muffler to fit the wrx? Mounting tab seems to be in a similar spot, just not sure about pipe diameters at the header. I know very little about working on metals, but it seems like this sort of thing gets done by shade-tree mechanics with simple tools?

I ask because the stock drz exhaust, while likely no lighter than the WR's, flows quite well, doesn't seem any louder, and doesn't have a cat. I'm an urban commuter and really prefer being stealthy + not having to repack. Plus, OEM exhausts are cheap.
Back to top Go down
andysrage

drz muffler? Empty
PostSubject: Re: drz muffler?   drz muffler? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:33 pm

I can't imagine the DRZ muffler providing any better performance than the stock WR. While it might be absent the cat, any gains from not having a cat will probably be negated by the pipe diameter mismatch and being designed for a different motor (bigger displacement, lower revs). WR muffler looks and undoubtedly fits better. My opinion is it wouldn't be worth the effort.
Back to top Go down

drz muffler?
Page 1 of 1