Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fmf muffler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sewerat

Fmf muffler  Empty
PostSubject: Fmf muffler    Fmf muffler  EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm

My bike came with a power core 4 but not a quiet so I have been on the lookout to make it quieter. I got my hands on the quiet baffle and that helped some but was still a bit loud. So I started to experiment a bit with putting longer extensions welded to the baffle. Now at this time I had replaced the packing and was starting to notice that the bolt that holds the baffle in was getting loose. So I was out riding with the wife a few weeks ago and all of a sudden the baffle falls out on her. We circled back to find it laying on the road, so when I got home I found another bolt and used my old aluminum baffle cover to bolt things back up. A few day of riding go by and once again the baffle fell out while I was riding but this time I found it as soon as it fell out, damn that thing was hot. So this time when I got home I figured I'd fix it but good, repacked the pipe yet again and this time welded the baffle in. But I had lost the aluminum cover so it did leak out a but and wasn't as quiet as I had hoped for. Well fast forward another couple weeks of riding. Last night on my way to work bike got real loud again and I figured baffle had broke loose and fallen out again, nope this time the end cap broke free from the canister. So limped it into work sounding like a true MX bike. Before I left work at 1am I safety wired the cap onto the frame so that at least it might make it home with me. So luckily the PO gave me the stock pipe when I got the bike and by 3am I had it good to go again. I took the time to weld the exup valve open just in case. The spring should hold it open but it would be my luck that it would get jammed closed by something. So my next project is now going to be getting a mega bomb and using my old pc4 pipe cut the stock head pipe off just before the muffler and weld the pc4 head pipe on. I will likely also cut the muffler open and remove the cat.

Seems like future projects never end. Damn I love my wrr
Back to top Go down

Fmf muffler
Page 1 of 1