Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Time for a new tire

Go down 
+4
skierd
malibu_dan
SheWolf
mwagman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mwagman

Time for a new tire Empty
PostSubject: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:17 pm

I need to replace my stock rear tire after 4500 miles.
Ive been looking on here and most of what i find are tires that are more for off road riding. 90/10
I ride about 50/50 street and off road.
How do the dunlop 606's hold up for road riding?
Any one using anything they would suggest?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:12 pm

The 606 is an awesome tire. That's what I just took off. I've got a Mitas StoneEater on there now, to see how it's gonna compare against the 606. So far it's just as good if not better all the way around, and cheaper to get. Time for a new tire 61865

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm fixin' to put a set of Michelin T63's on after reading the tire threads here. Noone has any long-term wear reports yet, so I'm not sure they'll have the longevity of the 606's--but, the T63's are about $55 apiece instead of $75 for the Dunlops. Enough to make me try a set.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:13 am

The stock deathwing is actually a pretty good street tire.

I tried a D606 before, great traction and lasted a long time for me. It would still rail down a twisty road no problem, good enough for my riding wet traction, and I got 5-6000 miles out of mine before it was dead worn out.

I'm trying a Pirelli MT43 trials now, even better traction everywhere, rides like a magic carpet too, but unsure of how long it will last. Right now it looks like it might last 2000 miles, but I also didn't have the pressure set right at first either. I'm gonna try a second one once this one goes.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 am

I've read good things about the Shinko 244's as a less dirty tire, esp for the money.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:38 am

Like Skierd said,,,the stock tires are good on the street but the 6o6s are way better off road..if you are doing mostly road riding, maybe the stock tires will work for you
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:40 pm

SheWolf wrote:
The 606 is an awesome tire. Time for a new tire 61865

Good solid choice, but always checking out the menu for something else.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 am

Mitas C16/17 StoneEaters seem to be really good to this point. Still haven't worn them out yet, but on everything else they seem to kick butt on the 606's.

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new tire   Time for a new tire Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a new tire
Page 1 of 1