Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF MegaBOMB

Go down 
+14
abchel
PYG RYDR
WRoldman
mkearl
SteveRed
toast
SheWolf
Matty
derm75
BigBird
motokid
bu2baja
jlpred
yellowredlight
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matty

Matty

FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm

SteveRed wrote:
I ordered a megabomb header and had it shipped all the way to OZ, only to find out it does not mate with a Yoshi pipe. I have a powerbomb on my earlier WRR and it fitted perfectly with the GYTR slip on. Not sure how to make it fit.. Bummer! The end of the megabomb is oversized for the yoshi.

Steve

they have a sleeve you use to mate the stock header to the Q4 slip-on... i wonder if that would work?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:34 pm

There's no sleeve for mating stock wr250x header to FmF Q4.

The stock header slides into the Q4. No sleeve.

It's my understanding that the FmF headers slide over the Q4, not into.
That's your diameter difference.

Stock goes into, aftermarket goes over.

That's little help for those with FmF headers and Yoshi pipes though.

I'll buy your megabomb header for $100 shipped. FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 810411

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:26 pm

FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Icon_scratch My Q4 needed a sleeve to fit onto my stock header.

Matty

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:29 pm

SheWolf wrote:
FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Icon_scratch My Q4 needed a sleeve to fit onto my stock header.
ya so did my buddies, which is why i mentioned it. Maybe X and R are different.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:31 pm

I think they are the same. IIRC Mark's X needed the sleeve as well for his Q4, and used the stock clamp as well.

mkearl

PostSubject: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:47 pm

SheWolf,

If a person decides to go with the Q4 but keep the stock header, where do they get the sleeve from? FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Mark K.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:52 pm

mkearl wrote:
SheWolf,

If a person decides to go with the Q4 but keep the stock header, where do they get the sleeve from? FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Mark K.
The Q4 my buddy got came with the sleeve. Actually, come to think about it, my Q4 came with a sleeve as well. But had no use for it cause i'm running the FMF Megabomb.
Back to top Go down
mkearl

mkearl

PostSubject: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Cool. That is good to know. I assume the aftermarket header is the way to go if you want to maximize power. Does it ever end??? FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 810411

Mark K.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:00 am

Damn...now I'm second guessing myself....and I think you're all right and I'm wrong. AGAIN.

FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 9356

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:39 am

It's ok. I just figured I'd say something cause I know with mine it was way too loose. Mine came with the sleeve, then I just siliconed the rest. Didn't bother with the clamp, as it hasn't leaked. Some also undo the header bolts...I never did. Slid in there like it was meant to be there right from the get go. FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 61865

motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:47 am

Must be the onset of old age.

Was it a separate collar that slid over the stock header, then slid into the Q4?

And you wouldn't need the collar for an FmF header?

Almost makes me want to unistall my Q4 now. Almost. FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 986936

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:51 am

The sleeve went over the stock header. You don't need to use it with the FMF PB or MB. FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 810411

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:14 pm

New hotness - Eline carbon fiber heat shield. The info on the shield says it is for a YZ/WR250/450F megabomb, but it fits our pipe just fine.

FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Img4619hu

FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Img4620d
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:34 pm

*bling bling*
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:24 pm

That's slutty. FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 805204
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 am

Last edited by gediehl4 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Started own thread)
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Where did you get the Eline carbon fiber heat shield and what is the part number?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Looks like a Motostrano product.

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 am

abchel wrote:
Where did you get the Eline carbon fiber heat shield and what is the part number?

Used the pn hidin' there in his photo image link and tracked down the part. $100 usd

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp;jsessionid=5JH1J11TVEJ0NQFIDYFCM4WAVAPAQIV0?store=&skuId=433804&mmy=
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 pm

So why did you buy the Megabomb over the Powerbomb? FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 29721

TIA
Back to top Go down
craigroyse

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 am

I really like the looks of the fmf q4 and mega bomb header. I'm debating whether to buy the fmf setup or delta setup? There's not many reviews about the delta setup. Could anybody tell me about the delta and which one you think sounds better?
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:37 am

Ok dumb question. scratch Is high heat silicone the only thing needed to connect a megabomb to a q4? The oem had that clamp. dddog Well I will let her sit overnight then check for leaks.
Back to top Go down
craigroyse

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 am

This is about the guy that put on the carbon fiber shield over the mega bomb header...Why would you ever cover up the sexiness of the mega bomb header? Sounds like you spent 100 bucks to down grade the looks
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 am

soggytire wrote:
Ok dumb question. scratch Is high heat silicone the only thing needed to connect a megabomb to a q4? The oem had that clamp. dddog Well I will let her sit overnight then check for leaks.

just the silicone. some people dont even use it. i used it on mine. no clamps needed.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 pm

craigroyse wrote:
This is about the guy that put on the carbon fiber shield over the mega bomb header...Why would you ever cover up the sexiness of the mega bomb header? Sounds like you spent 100 bucks to down grade the looks

When you don't burn a hole through your pants thanks to the guard, you'll understand why. Probably won't happen going down the road, but get dumped on the right side and it probably will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF MegaBOMB   FMF MegaBOMB - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF MegaBOMB
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next