Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Playing with the suspension

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blkwrr

blkwrr

Playing with the suspension Empty
PostSubject: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:09 am

Played around with the suspension settings on the weekend and the result was well worth it.

For comparison sake I am around 180lb and like to ride reasonably agressive off-road.

Out of the box I found the rear to be way to much on the unforgiving side to the point where I have backed the pre-load and rebound off to just about nothing. The front on the otherhand tended to be on the soft side so I stiffened up the compression a couple of clicks whilst leaving the rebound on the slower side of half way. We rode some pretty rough rutted out and rocky terrain on the weekend and I thought she handled it very well compared to before. The front soaked up the rocks without shooting off and the rear handled some unexpected ruts / whoops without wanting to pogo-stick me over the front bars. Knobbies were set at 15psi front and back.

Whilst underpowered compared to the other bikes I ride with, all in all the wrr's proving to be a great little bike to throw around in the bush Playing with the suspension 61865
Back to top Go down
ozarkadver

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:51 pm

How would you compare this bike to a full blow woods bike?
Back to top Go down
ozarkadver

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm

It's not an MX bike. The stock suspension will only handle so much, and many riders have opted to have the suspension redone and have had great results. I ride mine in the bush (I live in them) so most of my off-road riding is done in this type of terrain. Stock, the bike, for me, handled well with whatever I threw at it. The rear shock seemed to be a bit cantankerous on really rough stuff, and on whoops it would sometimes buck.
Compared to MX bikes that I've owned, it holds it own. It is definitely heavier because of all the road stuff that it carries, but IMO, it's a decent bike to ride in tight twisty wood trails. It's stupid fun...I've never regretted getting it. Bear in mind that I'm lighter than most of the riders (bigger guys), and I have it dialed in for my type of riding (suspension upgrade was a HUGE plus), so others might have different opinions. From what I've heard tho, the ones who do ride this thing in the bush absolutely love it. Playing with the suspension 61865

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
It's not an MX bike. The stock suspension will only handle so much, and many riders have opted to have the suspension redone and have had great results. I ride mine in the bush (I live in them) so most of my off-road riding is done in this type of terrain. Stock, the bike, for me, handled well with whatever I threw at it. The rear shock seemed to be a bit cantankerous on really rough stuff, and on whoops it would sometimes buck.
Compared to MX bikes that I've owned, it holds it own. It is definitely heavier because of all the road stuff that it carries, but IMO, it's a decent bike to ride in tight twisty wood trails. It's stupid fun...I've never regretted getting it. Bear in mind that I'm lighter than most of the riders (bigger guys), and I have it dialed in for my type of riding (suspension upgrade was a HUGE plus), so others might have different opinions. From what I've heard tho, the ones who do ride this thing in the bush absolutely love it. Playing with the suspension 61865
Thanks for the info. But what does IMO mean?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:59 pm

In my opinion. Playing with the suspension 500735

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the suspension   Playing with the suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing with the suspension
Page 1 of 1