Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Who parks their WRR/X in their house

Go down 
+6
SheWolf
albrecht194
deerHater
Six8
Matty
aaronhall555
10 posters
AuthorMessage
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

Who parks their WRR/X in their house Empty
PostSubject: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:17 pm

lol sorry to be posting this, but the search function on this forum doesn't, well, FUNCTION!

I remember seeing someone's pictures of them parking their WRR inside and even sitting on it in their kitchen while reaching for a beer from the refrigerator. Who was this and what post did I see this on? lol I have to see this again!!!
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:28 pm

my garage isn't attached to my place and during the winter when it's sub-freezing conditions it gets cold in there. If i need to work on one of my bikes i bring them into the house to work on. My girl, doesn't enjoy it all that much though. lol.
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm

my wife told me I could park the R2 inside this winter...
we'll see when the time comes Who parks their WRR/X in their house 655907

My concern would be if one were to park their gas driven toy inside is
" gasoline VAPOURS are way heavier than air" and will cause a fire explosing hazard if they light up Who parks their WRR/X in their house 724854

I've a good friend who was badly burned while carrying a motorcycle fuel tank out of a basment after it had flashed once already, he and 3 others spent several painful months in hospital.
The vapours were stired up by there movement and lit up from the pilot light for the hot water tank.
Boom, 4 FF'er down.

My day job is Captain Station #36/D Ottawa Fire (Ontario Canada)
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:17 pm

haha, I'm sure sometime in my life time I'll end up parking my wrr inside with me. lol like a cross country run or something where I wouldn't trust my wrr to be left out side.

But I really want to see those pictures of that guy sitting on his wrr in the kitchen. lol I know I saw it somewhere on this forum.

It would be cool to see some pictures of you guys inside wrr/x projects taking place. lol
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Six8 wrote:
My day job is Captain Station #36/D Ottawa Fire (Ontario Canada)
I was in a gas station store on Hunt Club near your fire station a few years ago. A fire fighter walked in to buy something, saw the propane tanks (about 20 of them), picked one up and realized they were all full.
FF: "take those outside NOW!"
Clerk: "I'll call my boss and ask him what..."
FF: "Take them out NOW or I shut you down and call police"

At that point the clerk finally got it. Who parks their WRR/X in their house 640571

Maybe that was your fire fighter?

My 5 motorcycles are parked in my garage. My bedroom is directly above the garage. A friend of mine had his BMW spontaneously catch fire 5 minutes after washing it, visible by his neighbour who called him right away. Maybe I should sleep in another bedroom? Thankfully BMWs are too expensive for me. Who parks their WRR/X in their house 93746
Back to top Go down
albrecht194

albrecht194

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:13 pm

albrecht194 wrote:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/adventure-reports-f9/beyond-the-dogpark-this-time-not-so-much-pavement-t1676.htm

Thank you soooo much!!! lol those photos are great! haha I'd park mine next to my bed if it wasn't a fire hazard hahaha.
Back to top Go down
albrecht194

albrecht194

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:16 pm

haha no problem, i would do the same but still living with the parents (only 20, in college) and dont think they'd go for that. I remembered that post too and remembered it was part of his adventure report.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:08 pm

aaronhall555 wrote:
I remember seeing someone's pictures of them parking their WRR inside and even sitting on it in their kitchen while reaching for a beer from the refrigerator. Who was this and what post did I see this on? lol I have to see this again!!!

Are you referring to this?
Who parks their WRR/X in their house 79375610

That would be Griff, he's got a slew of pics of his bike (and his puppy! Who parks their WRR/X in their house 525406 )here.

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:17 pm

I've kept my X in the kitchen for almost 2 years now. But the damn thing sits between my desk and the fridge so I have to walk around it to get a beer.... GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:20 pm

I think she liked the hotel room as much as I did.

Who parks their WRR/X in their house 1745
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:57 pm

skierd wrote:
I think she liked the hotel room as much as I did.
lol yeah, I can see me doing this.
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:19 am

Skierd, is this V1 or V2 in the photo?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:40 pm

V1, on my way home from Colorado. The town I was in was sketchy so I parked in the room. :)
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Who parks their WRR/X in their house KitchenParking
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:59 pm

mwakey wrote:
Who parks their WRR/X in their house KitchenParking

What tail pack is that? It looks nearly ideal for my application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:57 am

hell no! she doesn't even get garage space, sits outside with a cover on. The R1 needs to be garaged because it's worth 3x more, and the dirt bike gets it's own spot obviously, no key or theft insurance. The only bike I would ever dare to bring in the house would have to be something extremely rare and irreplaceable. Not a $4000 dualsport! Who parks their WRR/X in their house 851577
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:10 pm

twowheeled wrote:
hell no! she doesn't even get garage space, sits outside with a cover on. The R1 needs to be garaged because it's worth 3x more, and the dirt bike gets it's own spot obviously, no key or theft insurance. The only bike I would ever dare to bring in the house would have to be something extremely rare and irreplaceable. Not a $4000 dualsport! Who parks their WRR/X in their house 851577

If you had over 10K into your dual sport and had no insurance and lived in an area where theft is a big issue and you had no garage, I bet you would bring it in the house too.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:12 pm

matttys wrote:

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A03%20Seatbags/8_STARR/STARR%20I.html
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:22 pm

mwakey wrote:
matttys wrote:

http://www.rka-luggage.com/A03%20Seatbags/8_STARR/STARR%20I.html
RKA make very good quality bags. I've used their tankbags, seatbags, and saddlebags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:13 pm

mwakey wrote:
twowheeled wrote:

If you had over 10K into your dual sport and had no insurance and lived in an area where theft is a big issue and you had no garage, I bet you would bring it in the house too.

fire/theft/vandalism insurance for this little 250 was about an extra 100 bucks a year. Might be time to invest in some, no matter how well you safeguard the bike all it takes is a few minutes of being unattended for thieves to make off with it.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:56 pm

twowheeled wrote:

fire/theft/vandalism insurance for this little 250 was about an extra 100 bucks a year. Might be time to invest in some, no matter how well you safeguard the bike all it takes is a few minutes of being unattended for thieves to make off with it.

I know that. Just don't see the need to spend the money right now. It's my daily commuter and it sits in my shop all day under watchful eyes. Other than that, it is never out of my site when I'm riding elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who parks their WRR/X in their house   Who parks their WRR/X in their house Empty

Back to top Go down

Who parks their WRR/X in their house
Page 1 of 1