Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
oldirt

oldirt

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: IMS tank   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:05 pm

I am liking what I see. Just say when and I will order up. 3.0 or better will be perfect IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 163123
Back to top Go down
buddy

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:17 pm

In the meantime.....I ran out of gas the other day zooming down the Interstate. I pulled over to the shoulder and noticed the swerving action sloshed enough bottom gas around to start up the engine and run a few yards. It died again, I swerved / swished from side to side and varruum it started up again.

I did this repeatedly probably 12 times or more until I traveled 4 miles to an exit ramp. Three more back and forth motions and I made it to a gas station.

I'm ready for an IMS.

Last edited by buddy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:25 pm

Wayne will be proud you did a bit of hypermiling. thumb

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 pm

I ran out of gas with my Safari yesterday. Good thing I was only 100 feet from the end of my driveway... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 986936
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I believe he will ship to SG aye? IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:49 pm

I'll ask, Gary. He seems to be pretty keen on helping us out with a decent price. thumb

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

If I ever get to meet Chuck I want to go have some cold ones. Talk about a great sense of humor.

"No worries on the shape the last thing we want is a Safari clone. Our pattern maker is a car guy and he doesn’t ride bikes but even he said that theirs was ugly. Ours will have a wider base with vertical sides and a top very much like the first version." poser2

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress. They're working on a new top half of the mold at this point to cover the shortage of their projected capacity. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:49 pm

the bigger the better.... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 93746 ....heck make it 6 or 8 gallons if you like.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Gary, he said they ship worldwide, so you know. thumb

PostSubject: Cap ??   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:31 am

Hey Shewolf ...

Opps - this was suppose to be in the IMS tank thread -

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 Icon_scratch Wonder if they could make the top to accept the stock Tank Cap ?? IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 Icon_scratch

just a thought IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:22 am

They ship it with their own cap Chuck told me. AFAIK, it doesn't lock.

xcel

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Buddy:
buddy wrote:
In the meantime.....I ran out of gas the other day zooming down the Interstate. I pulled over to the shoulder and noticed the swerving action sloshed enough bottom gas around to start up the engine and run a few yards. It died again, I swerved / swished from side to side and varruum it started up again.

I did this repeatedly probably 12 times or more until I traveled 4 miles to an exit ramp. Three more back and forth motions and I made it to a gas station.

I'm ready for an IMS.

As She Wolf said, too cool for words!

I have been waiting for the 3.0 since it was first announced too. I have to make a call to IMS soon anyway and I am thinking about asking Chuck for the 2.8 prototype if it fits ok for the long haul???

SumoJoe, read every post, its worth it!

Wayne
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Gary, he said they ship worldwide, so you know. thumb

Thanks for the update Lynn!

Now I will go and see if local riders wanna order together IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 93746
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:09 pm

More pics from Chuck! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 525406

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 7ab5d3d5

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 A160a6d9

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 D82ed816

He said it's sitting at 3.1 gallons. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 93746 He's gonna keep me posted as to when it's gonna get poured, but it's looking pretty damned good! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 61865

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm

That does look pretty good... however... isn't that shape going to be a bit of a problem for all of us using the Wolfman tank bags?
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:51 pm

SheWolf wrote:

He said it's sitting at 3.1 gallons. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 93746 He's gonna keep me posted as to when it's gonna get poured, but it's looking pretty damned good! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 61865

That's 3.1 with the fuel pump installed?

Just wondering
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Apparently so. I queried about the tank bag seating as well, so hopefully I'll hear back from him soon. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:04 pm

OFS--when are we going to get payment and shipping details--I can't wait to get one.

SheWolf wrote:
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm thinking that once he's got the tank where he feels good about it, he'll let the drawbridge down. He'll have a tank mold blown, put on the bike, take a pic, and fire it off for the view. He's not going to release a tank if he's not 100% happy with it.

ZED

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Well, it's good that he's taking the time to do it right. thumb If you get 50+ people with defective designs you'll soon be in a pickle.

I like the design. With no aux fuel pump and apparently no 'wasted' fuel in the wings that just adds weight and no distance I think he's got it. If the quality is good and it doesn't leak the first time it falls over, we've got a winner. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 TwoThumbs

I think the use of volume at the top is good. If you want to stay light, don't fill and the weight is lower. Meanwhile it makes use of space I've never been able to use. I frequently need to ride up close to the tank and would run into any tank bag I've found.

Now, if we could get some concept of what his production schedule will be like we could plan. I know the longer distance dual-sport trips we'll be doing this year (all my holidays are now booked) and I know about half of next year. It pretty much comes down to timing. Delivery of a 3 USG tank in September is not useful here.

lurk
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Hmmm - I've got a long trip coming up in mid Aug and I really need this tank.
Think I need to just forget the idea and come up with another solution or do you think there's a chance IMS will be shipping them by then?
Gonna be scary to throw the tank on there and then do 2000 mile off-road trip, but it'll be quite a shakedown for the tank.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Chuck's going to find a tank bag, after I sent him pics of mine on the bike in different positions with the handlebars, just so he knew what I was getting at. As for the release, he's pushing the guys at the shop as fast as he can. The good thing for the 3 gal is, the template is made and in the foundry for casting. The bad thing is that the 4.5 is going to be delayed in the works because the patten guy is off on holidays for a week starting next week.

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 pm

At 3.1 no aux pump and no unuseable wings--he has it nailed--I would consider a tank bag irrelevant.

SheWolf wrote:
Apparently so. I queried about the tank bag seating as well, so hopefully I'll hear back from him soon. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 61865
Back to top Go down
buddy

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 pm

why no aux pump ?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Because it's small enuf it doesn't meed it. no winds to have gas settle where the aux pump would be needed to suck out the gas from the bottom of them.

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next