Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

Self made job ! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 379944
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:43 pm

New shots from IMS for me today!!IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Clap Bottom of
the mold is done! Top half is in the process of cast molding.

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 WRR40001

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 WRR40002

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 WRR40003

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 WRR40004

I iz on da wait list.IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Naughty

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:44 pm

shewolf, is that the 4.5 gal ?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:02 pm

No, that's the 3.

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:17 pm

SheWolf wrote:
New shots from IMS for me today!!IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Clap

Man, is that ever ugly....

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 622730

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 53647 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:13 am

Hell they broke the mold with this tank! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 93746 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:41 pm

BUMP I need to know more IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 911463
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:58 pm

I called IMS last week and they said July 15 or thereabouts. I suspect it'll be August before I have one on my WRR.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm

New pics from Chuck at IMS! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 525406 These were taken yesterday, so things are moving ahead. He said the last thing to do before they can roto- mold a part is bore the top for the
filler neck tooling that should get done this week....hopefully. So, here are the latest and greatest:

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Wrr_5_10

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Wrr_5_11

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 pm

They need to hurry up dammit, I want my tank! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:42 pm

+10!!! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 61865 At least I'm getting the inside scoop, which is kinda cool. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 163123

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 am

I'm basically sold on the 3 gallon. I already have a 2 gallon Rotopax with the B and B side mount, so this would put me at a nice 5 gallon if I ever need the extra 2. Sweet. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 379944
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 pm

So when is IMS gonna update their web site?
Go under news and it says; Under contsruction, look for it to be completed in 2007.
Go under Yamaha, Fueling, Fuel tanks, select model- WR250 is the only WR option, and 89-93 is the only year selections.
??
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:54 pm

clint wrote:
They need to hurry up dammit, I want my tank! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 810411
++
I think I'll need it for the (NEDoD) Magical Mystery Tour in very early August.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm

I have all my plastic off, just checking things over, getting familiar with the bike. And I was interested to see the stock tank. I wonder where IMS got the room for an extra gallon? It's not like there was a lot of wasted space as is. I wonder if the plastic will fit funny?

Is there any info on the 4.5g? I imagine it will have wings similar to the Safari tank?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Sounds like the bigger tank will have some form of wing. As for the space, they used what could be gleaned from behind the shrouds and some under the front part of the seat.

rider213

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Pumped about the idea of more range but...man, I always pictured the IMS workshop to be like a germ free environment with everyone wearing respirators & white coats!

Deflated. But gotta have one. Put me on the unofficial group pre-order list for the 3g.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:00 pm

While the facilities are about what I expected, put me down as being down for a 3gal group buy as well. Dunno where I'll find the cash, but I'll find it to make the bike perfect.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Dang, group buy for the 3gal.? I may miss that one. I'm looking foward to the 4.5 instead.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 pm

rider213 wrote:
I always pictured the IMS workshop to be like a germ free environment with everyone wearing respirators & white coats!

Where thay make the Safari tanks here in Oz isn't much better from what I've seen..... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 93746
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Since SheWolf seems to be the head WR'er in contact with IMS now, do you want to see how many people they will need for a good disount on a group buy? I think you will probably have little trouble finding 10-15 takers on the board.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Waiting to hear back from him on it. I asked him back when the idea first flew and he said that JustGasTanks would be handling stuff in the US first, and then Steen Hansen in Canada. Hopefully he'll bite. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:57 am

Any guess on the pallbark price for the 3Gal?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 am

The pricing on the 3 gallon will be the same as the majority of their standard tanks with a MSR of $ 274.95. Hopefully with a group buy we can get it lower. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm in for a group buy if you need to start compiling a list.

I'm in if the group buy doesn't happen either, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next