Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rad Temp Gauge

Go down 
+7
10Cup
SpiritWolf15
Machtig
ZED
mtb
mwakey
SheWolf
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Well you blew our secret Wolfie. I thought you weren't going to tell anyone that we got special treatment when we ordered our sideways caps. dddog
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Well I won't tell them about the other 'thing' then.Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 FIREdevil

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Oh ya, THAT thing....... Mums the word. hide
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 am

SheWolf wrote:

I was surprised tho, considering when it kicked in I was in the snow and the temp was fairly cool outside. dunno

What was your groundspeed and workload at the time?
It's just like pulling a load in the mountains in the truck. Low ground speed and high power demand (proportionally) cause high engine temperatures. Whereas higher ground speed an very high torque demands cause high transmission temperatures. (diff temps too if you have them)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 10:08 am

I was averaging around 50 km/h, and maybe 11 km of very gradual climb. I'd crack on it whenever I'd take jumps off of death cookies. wink

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Ahh... motorcycle farkles are like crack. The first hit is good, leaves you wanting for more, and ultimately wrecks your life. GAHHHH

So that we could get gifts to our mothers on time, my wife signed us up for a free trial of Amazon Prime -- free two day shipping on everything. Between that and this thread, I spend $28 on a rad cap that I didn't have to have postponing yet again the $400 gas tank and the $1000 DS wheels. lol!

Speaking of the gas tank, the more I think about it, the more I like the 1 gallon red plastic tank for under $8. Maybe I'll splurge and buy the 2 gallon tank for $15.
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:36 pm

I had to follow SheWolf and get me one of these shwanky new temp gauges. I think it's great.

So far ... only went into the "red zone" when I was laboring in the woods.
Back to top Go down
radianguy

radianguy

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:55 pm

I went to my local Yamaha dealer this week to order one of the thermocap's but they were discontinued by his distributor(motovan) anyone know where else to get one?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:35 pm

radianguy wrote:
I went to my local Yamaha dealer this week to order one of the thermocap's but they were discontinued by his distributor(motovan) anyone know where else to get one?

http://www.jegs.com/p/Mr.+Gasket/874786/10002/-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rad Temp Gauge   Rad Temp Gauge - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rad Temp Gauge
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3