Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wiring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mkearl

mkearl

wiring Empty
PostSubject: wiring   wiring EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:09 am

Hi all,

There are 6 wires that enter the left side handlebar grip that come directly from the left side of the tank/frame. The colours are pink, dark green, black, blue, brown, and brown with blue stripe. Can anyone tell me what each wire is for? I am new to motorcycle wiring (or any wiring for that matter) and am having trouble figuring it out (even though I have a copy of the service manual). wiring 9356

I am trying to identify the wire that brings power to the high/low beam switch. I think the wire is blue but need to confirm. According to BigDog that is a good place to add gps/heated grips.

Thanks.

Mark K.
Back to top Go down
greer

wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring   wiring EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:48 am

Here's some stuff on wiring grips that may have your info:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/thread/765909/grip-warmer-installation

Sarah
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring   wiring EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:54 am

I would run my own dedicated line from the battery if it were me.

*ooops, sorry. After reading that one thread see what you are doing. (i hope)

Last edited by inspector on Fri May 21, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring   wiring EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:26 am

Check your inbox Mark. wiring 61865

0007onWR

wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring   wiring EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:37 am

mkearl wrote:
Hi all,

There are 6 wires that enter the left side handlebar grip that come directly from the left side of the tank/frame. The colours are pink, dark green, black, blue, brown, and brown with blue stripe. Can anyone tell me what each wire is for? I am new to motorcycle wiring (or any wiring for that matter) and am having trouble figuring it out (even though I have a copy of the service manual). wiring 9356

I am trying to identify the wire that brings power to the high/low beam switch. I think the wire is blue but need to confirm. According to BigDog that is a good place to add gps/heated grips.

Thanks.

Mark K.

Nothing actually brings power to a switch, switches only control the ground side
In other words, one side of the switch will have power and the other will only have power after it is switched
It's not the right place to draw power
Back to top Go down
mkearl

mkearl

wiring Empty
PostSubject: wiring   wiring EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Thank you for the info everyone. I am going to put in a relay as everyone has suggested. My heated grips are supposed to arrive shortly so I will install and report back.

P.S. - It was only about 50 degrees today so the heated grips will definitely come in handy. wiring 93746

Mark K.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring   wiring EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:19 pm

wiring 525406 Keep us posted on the progress!

wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: wiring   wiring Empty

Back to top Go down

wiring
Page 1 of 1