Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Réserve du St-Maurice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

Réserve du St-Maurice Empty
PostSubject: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:07 pm

I am not much of a picture taker but I managed to take these.

I went camping in the Mauricie region in the province of Quebec.

This one if of the WR. Notice the tires, I had fun in the fine sand.

wink

[img]Réserve du St-Maurice Dscf1810[/img]

This one is of the Mattawin river that pours into the St-Maurice river. Usually the water covers almost all the rocks. The water level is extremely low.

Réserve du St-Maurice Dscf1812

A picture of the WR loaded like a mule. I managed to load all that's needed for two people. That way, next time, I'll know for sure what not to pack. Very happy

Réserve du St-Maurice Dscf1813

We drove a few hundred kilometers in the area. Nie place to go camping, hunting and fishing. Plenty of brook trouts, bears and mooses.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Someone's got a pack horse! Réserve du St-Maurice 93746 That looks pretty sweet Dan, nice pics from your end of the country. Réserve du St-Maurice 61865

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:44 am

Definitely looks like your bike had as much as fun as you did !

I'd like to go there... Some day. * sigh *

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:56 pm

The roads are all wash boards, hills and curves. You drive around lakes and marshes.

There is also a federal park south of this one. The road in the federal park is all paved. It's a dream for people who like twisties. The speed is limited to 70 km/hre though.

If anyone wants to visit, beware of the black flies. When unprepared it can be a surprise that I wouldn't qualify as "happy".
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi Dancamp:

You have that X definitely loaded for Bear, don't you wink

Did it feel top heavy at all with all of your gear up high?

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

xcel wrote:
Hi Dancamp:

You have that X definitely loaded for Bear, don't you Réserve du St-Maurice 810411

Did it feel top heavy at all with all of your gear up high?

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG

I didn't feel it much. I leaned a little bit more on the front for the curves to make sure I didn't loose the front wheel. The bike is ok with the weight. It's the space that is tight. The tank panniers only contained my sleeping bag and dry clothes for the evenings.

I wouldn't not go through tight trails loaded like that, even with better tires.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Réserve du St-Maurice   Réserve du St-Maurice Empty

Back to top Go down

Réserve du St-Maurice
Page 1 of 1