Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I made a mistake

Go down 
+7
Matty
R_Lefebvre
subedai
Tammy
X-Racer
texasreb
blkwrr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
blkwrr

blkwrr

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Yep, with 1800klms on the clock the WRR has just been traded in on a WRF.

In chosing the WRR I liked the idea of being able to occassionally commute to work as well as being able to hook up with my mates and ride the trails / tracks close to where I live. At 47 and not having ridin dirt bikes for over 30 yrs I also thought the more civil power delivery of the R would suit.

Problem is that when I did take to the tracks the first thing you need to do is equip the bike with some nobbies which immediately greatly reduces the bikes suitablility for commuting to work because you don't want to wear them out. Also after a few rides when confidence / skill levels improve and I started riding harder (to keep up with the full on enduro bikes) you realise that the R has it's limitations. Other than upgrading the suspension, which I was on the verge of doing, I did all the power mods which definately made a difference however I still found myself ringing it's poor little neck to keep the pace. For what it's worth the F is a different beast altogether.

That said I believe the R is the perfect bike for it's intended use and I would recommend it to anyone providing they are clear on what they want out of their two wheel experience.

BTW really enjoyed spending time on this forum and appreciated the great advice and info available. I made a mistake 942737
Back to top Go down
texasreb

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Can you post a picture of the WRF?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:11 pm

blkwrr: They let me hang out and I only get to ride my girls when she let's me so you are probably still welcome. * laugh *

Obviously you are not riding the "F" to work occasionally ! Let's see her !

Maybe a silly question, but why didn't you keep both ?
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Wish I got the F over the R toooooo....
Back to top Go down
subedai

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Grats on actually having somewhere to ride.

I have the opposite situation hence why a bought a WRR.
I bought a enduro 2smoker which as areas got closed is gathering dust whereas my WRR gets 400km ridden on it a week. To and from work with detours through paddocks on the way home, good fun.
In 2 years i fully expect the only riding within 100km of my place will be graded dirt roads cry
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 am

Tammy: You're a racer. There is a bell curve of use for the WR. You're on the far right.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:19 am

I went the opposite way. I'm trading in my WR250F today on an X. When I bought it, I wanted something for trail riding, racing, and exploring/adventure. What I found is, the F is no good at exploring due to being way too high strung, and the seat is a razor blade. It's no good for commuting for similar reasons. It's not great at racing because it is carrying a 50lb weight penalty compared to all the kids on their YZ's. As best as I can tell, the R/X is just as good at trail riding.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:22 am

R_Lefebvre wrote:
I went the opposite way. I'm trading in my WR250F today on an X. When I bought it, I wanted something for trail riding, racing, and exploring/adventure. What I found is, the F is no good at exploring due to being way too high strung, and the seat is a razor blade. It's no good for commuting for similar reasons. It's not great at racing because it is carrying a 50lb weight penalty compared to all the kids on their YZ's. As best as I can tell, the R/X is just as good at trail riding.

Yep.... i got a friend with the "F." I've had no problem doing everything and anything he can do. And I got 6 gears, he doesn't!!
Back to top Go down
keith_mahoney

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 12:53 am

R_Lefebvre wrote:

Off topic, but until last month I lived pretty close to a brewery named Lefebvre in Belgium. I went there occasionally to pick up cases of Hop-it, Barbar and Saison 1900.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 am

Oh yeah? Cool, I'll have to check it out. My family has been in NA for over 300 years, there's a lot of us in Quebec, but don't hear much about the name from Yurp.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Oh the R will go anywhere any real enduro bike will and we all know it's top end will pass any of them. It's all the fat it comes with and that other 6~7hp I need wings that makes me feel this way.. After I beat the shit out of my R I load it up drive home unload it and clean/lube the chain and I go in clean my gear and I'm ready for the next race.. Lots of better bikes never ride out of the woods but the R comes out like I'm taking a ride to work....
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I chose the WR250R for the low maintenance intervals (steel exhaust valves, fuel injection, etc.). I mainly ride it on road or in fields or trails where I need the turn signals and license plate to get back home on the road. I probably would buy a true dirtbike if I wanted to run hard offroad, though. Have fun on the F.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:40 pm

keith_mahoney wrote:
R_Lefebvre wrote:

Off topic, but until last month I lived pretty close to a brewery named Lefebvre in Belgium. I went there occasionally to pick up cases of Hop-it, Barbar and Saison 1900.

Hey Hop-It is one of Hildegard's beers inspired by us NW beer nuts . Just saying because I know her and I am a beer nut, beer festival goer etc etc.

Urthell Brewing dutch
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:49 pm

I think the mistake here was not being honest with ones self about what they wanted in the first place. Or the resolve to accept the comprimises made. Or the forsight to understand that all choices are comprimizes in thier own right.

We run into that alot in motorsports. "Ooooo I want to be able to ride it to the woods."
" Dang.....I cant keep up with my buddies on race bikes"

" Oooooo I wanna be a biker dude."
" Dang...Those Harley guys won't talk to me because I ride metric."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I made a mistake Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a mistake   I made a mistake Empty

Back to top Go down

I made a mistake
Page 1 of 1