Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.

Go down 
+2
mwakey
jpkrass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jpkrass

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. Empty
PostSubject: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:32 pm

A little mid-week ride up the power line turns into a 100 mile trip to the lake. Man was my girlfriend mad when I got home! dddog She'll understand when we get her a bike. Just thought I'd share a few pics.

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 005I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 006I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 009I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 010I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 011I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 012

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. 029
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Looks like a nice ride. I'm sure your girl will understand once she gets her own bike. She might even sneak out on you one day once she gets a taste of riding. Very happy

Is that an old TV dumped on the side of the road? Some people have no regard for the enviroment do they? I remember one time long ago we found some junk dumped on our road in Illinois. While cleaning up the mess we found an envelope in a trash bag with an address on it, so we took all the junk and dumped it in the guy's front yard. There were quite a few of us and he was out numbered so there was no argument. We made our point and left him to clean up his own mess. Pisses me off to see people dump their shit along side a deserted road because they are too lazy to go to the dump or too cheap to pay someone to haul it away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:44 pm

MWakey, sounds like Alice's Restaurant from Arlo Guthrie. Perhaps he placed that envelope under that garbage?
Back to top Go down
jpkrass

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Ya that's a tv. And next to that was some tires and a bunch of McCain Palin signs. I think I'll get some buddies together
and go clean up that mess.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 am

jpkrass wrote:
Ya that's a tv. And next to that was some tires and a bunch of McCain Palin signs. I think I'll get some buddies together

That would be awesome thumb
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:35 am

jpkrass wrote:

thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 am

mwakey wrote:
I remember one time long ago we found some junk dumped on our road in Illinois. While cleaning up the mess we found an envelope in a trash bag with an address on it, so we took all the junk and dumped it in the guy's front yard. There were quite a few of us and he was out numbered so there was no argument. We made our point and left him to clean up his own mess.

Good for you. In my old neighborhood we had a problem with someone dumping old tires in the alley behind our house so we mounted a video camera on the back of the garage. Sure enough about a week later someone left a fresh pile so we checked the tape hoping we got a license number.

We got not only the license number, but the name of the company responsible - a major-chain tire store in the suburbs complete with address and phone number painted very visibly on the side of the truck. So I called the store and asked to speak to the manager...

I politely asked him to please stop dumping his tires illegally behind my house and he first responded with denials but when I told him we saw his company's truck he became belligerent and said "you have no proof so STFU."

I printed out still photos from the incident showing two guys throwing tires out of the back of the clearly marked truck, put them in a folder, drove to the store in question and asked to see the manager. I handed him the folder and said "you have exactly one hour to clean up your mess or copies of these photos will be given to the Second District police."

45 minutes later the same truck showed up and two guys picked up all the tires they had dumped. Never had the problem again, although I'm sure those scumbags just found another place to dump their tires.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:14 pm

xjahx wrote:
MWakey, sounds like Alice's Restaurant from Arlo Guthrie. Perhaps he placed that envelope under that garbage?

LOL! Ya! And we took 8x10 color glossys with circles and arrows and writing on the back of each one too. Very happy

This happened in the late 60's and I don't think any of us dumb Illinois farmers even knew who Arlo was back then. It was a few years later that I heard that song for the first time. I love Arlo. Finally got to see him in concert a few years ago right here in Key Largo. GREAT show! I took my album and had him autograph it after the show. He got a real kick out of it. He couldn't believe I brought it with me...

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. Arlo_SignedAlbumCover_Feb2007

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. Arlo3
Back to top Go down
jpkrass

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:55 pm

Can anyone tell me why my multiple picture posts like above turn out the way they do?
Instead of in a list form the pictures always seem to show up vertically. scratch
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 am

jpkrass wrote:
Can anyone tell me why my multiple picture posts like above turn out the way they do?
Instead of in a list form the pictures always seem to show up vertically. scratch

oh,oh,oh. PLz fix.

I am assuming you just need to hit return inbetween pics. If you don't they just keep stacking up to the left.

*i use photobucket. Copy the image line hit return then repeat.

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. Blah, blah, blah
[IMG}blah, blah, blah[/IMG]
etc....

*i meant the other left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.   I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry honey, the WR made me do it.
Page 1 of 1