Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Snapshot of Forum - X or R?

Go down 
+10
texascycle
Mr. Fisherman
clint
Mikechicago
john92
Corprin
mattf
3KGT_Maddness
SheWolf
motokid
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

X or R
I own and ride an X
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty28%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 28% [ 28 ]
I own and ride an R
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty57%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 57% [ 57 ]
I own both an X and an R (2 seperate bikes)
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty4%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 4% [ 4 ]
I don't have either but want an X
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty2%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 2% [ 2 ]
I don't have either but want an R
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty2%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 2% [ 2 ]
other - please explain
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty0%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
I own an R or an X that does both
Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty7%Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
 7% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 100

AuthorMessage
clint

Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm

motokid wrote:
I think it's kinda cute how defensive and passionate some people are about their bike. Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 851577

There is an "other - please explain" option for those that refuse to simply vote what should be a relatively simple either/or option.

Commit people. Commit. What do you own? It's not a trick question.

As I said about the 6th post in....there's a few things that determine what you are riding.

Pick one and vote. Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 29721

And I think it's cute that you created an inaccurate poll and got defensive about it, lol.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Ok kids, no more cat poop in the sandbox. No need for anyone to get defensive about anything, it's a poll. Quit splitting hairs. dddog

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Kids???? I believe I'm older than you my dear. Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 640571

Just some good natured guy stuff really. Nothing serious.

Any time y'all want to Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 500735 just let me know......

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:50 pm

No worries, just making sure that it stays kinda normal and doesn't go into the shitter like other places have. We've got a good group here. thumb

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 am

Looks like my original thoughts of an estimated 60/40 split are about correct.....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 pm

"If it's got a silver frame it's an R. If it's got a black frame its an X"

Thanks to a small spill in the gravel today, my frame it both!
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:28 pm

I would love to have both, but I find the off-road option more useful to me, and actually it is quite nice on the streets. Only problem I see so far is the limited tread life on the rear tire ... I have toyed with a different tire, but the stock tw's stick like glue on pavement ... catch 22 ...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:35 pm

The 606 so far is the best tire out there for longevity I've found. over 7000. I think Skierd also got up there with his. thumb

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 am

I just bought a replacement rear for $71 delivered ... but the next set, I will most definitely look into those.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:32 am

I'm currently testing out a set of Mitas right now as a comparison, but I digress. Shog Another thread on that. Moto'll spaz and start hucking empties at me for hijacking. wink

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 am

OMG ... what are those??? Another tire brand or brand type?
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 am

Could we get a "I ride a blue R, but want a black or whit one instead"
How about "I have an R but would take an X if it where a Big Bore"
Maybe "I like my R don't want an X but would take one if it where brand new, but then I would just put R wheels on it and use it like a R because R's are just so damn cool even though it seems like all my friends have sumo's around here and I have to ride solo but that's ok because...what was the poll about again"

Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 93746
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:10 am

HIJACK!!! LOL, j/k, but really, the black/yellow just gets me going ... I will have to do it one day. Just waiting for enough scratches ...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:15 am

Tires

Check this out. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:04 am

I Own an '08 R and '08 X, if i buy retail R front wheel what happend whit front rotor i have to use x rotor or a have to change it for r rotor? i dont know the name (the thig that brakes) front rotor i can use x or i have to buy also R thing.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:15 am

Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Icon_scratch If you have both bikes why would you want to change up the wheels?

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Other   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 am

I own and ride an R; but also own and ride a XR650L, SV650 and VFR800.

The 4 bikes are great fun for varied riding duties.
Back to top Go down
chesa

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm

well my plan is to have in one place the R version and in other place X and the posibility of change to R also.
Back to top Go down
HAPPYSILLYFACE

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 pm

I have had way too many bikes in just a few years and have yet to find the perfect dual sport. I pretty much gave up looking and settled for a Kawasaki Versys to ride on the street. Then I found out about the WR250R and it being fuel injected and had to learn more. It didn't take long for one to end up parked next to my Versys. Each bike is great at what they do and I am really impressed with the power of the WRR even though it is new and I am still breaking it in. The tall seat height almost stopped me from buying it but I have just lowered it using the stock adjustment and also have a YamaLink on the way. I also have my seat off and I'm currently reading the thread here how some of you have modded your seat. Looks easy enough, I just need a better stapler and a few other tools but I can see how getting the seat lower and more comfy will make the WRR even better than it already is. I have a 14t front and a 40t rear on order and will post up what I do with those and how the bike performs. I see most on here gear lower for dirt but I am doing more highway riding but will do some dirt once it's broken in. I bought the WRR because I like the idea of being able to go offroad if I want to. Something I can't do very easy with my Versys. When I asked someone on the Two Wheeled Texans website why someone would put street wheels on a dual sport, he almost tore me a new one telling me how much fun they are to race. Seems weird to me to "race" a dualsport bike on the street, but to each his own. I have a bike for each and will eventually find a place to do more offroading with my WRR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snapshot of Forum - X or R?   Snapshot of Forum - X or R? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snapshot of Forum - X or R?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2