Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The HIGH cost of smoking

Go down 
+4
boogn1sh
mtb
inspector
mwakey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

The HIGH cost of smoking Empty
PostSubject: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Informal poll here. How many of you smoke and what are you paying for a carton of cigarettes in your area? Since last week they have gone up almost $10 here! I just paid a little over $37 for a carton of Camels. CRIPES! On one hand they want you to quit smoking, but on the other they tax the living shit out of those who still do. Don't they realize there are fewer and fewer of us left, and the tax dollars are not going to go very far? Time to think about quitting.... again.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:45 pm

$55 American Spirits.

Duuuuuuude. I have been sooooo trying to get the wife to quite.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 pm

I am trying hard to quit...

Right now 1 packet of The HIGH cost of smoking Marlboro_lights costs me an average of SGD$11.. which is like 7.16843 USD

I am getting there.... 1 packet could last me a whole week wink
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 pm

inspector wrote:
$55 American Spirits.

Duuuuuuude. I have been sooooo trying to get the wife to quite.

I buy the cans of American Spirit loose leaf. In Feb. I paid $16 per can, it had been $12 until 2008.
Bought a can yesterday....$26 facking dollars!!!

Time to quit!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:12 am

I know smoking is bad, or at least everyone should agree it's NOT good.
So the goverment taxes the shit out of it trying to get people to quite, (if people can't afford it, they will stop buying). Which is fine, I don't agree with it, but I see their reasoning. My biggest peeve is where those taxes go, instead of going to repairing streets and the like, why don't they sink more into programs to help people quite??? Since isn't that supposed to be the goal anyway?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 am

You are all dirty boys... Very happy I quit back in 95. That was ugly. I quit everything cold turkey; smoking, toking and drinking. Good thing I had the old XT on the road. baldy Mind you I don't miss it.

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:20 am

SheWolf wrote:
You are all dirty boys... Very happy I quit back in 95. That was ugly. I quit everything cold turkey; smoking, toking and drinking. Good thing I had the old XT on the road. baldy Mind you I don't miss it.

Ouch, cold turkey on everything!?!?! Damn, you must be tough AND crazy. eeek
Tobacco, for me, has got to go. Never been a big boozer, once every few months I'll tie a good one on, but I have never been a "drinker". I hate prescription meds also, I won't even touch an aspirin. I know too many people who have been ruined by "doctors".

As far as taxes, laws and the government are concerned... it's doesn't matter to them what drugs you're on, it who's drugs you're on....
bert

Last edited by boogn1sh on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:29 am

Seems lke the Gov would want us to keep smoking so we pay the taxes. If everyone quit today, they would be out big bucks. If they keep raising the price of smokes more people will quit and less money for "them". Of course they will just raise the tax on something else to make up for the loss, so what the hell was I thinking!
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Quit cold turkey after 10 years of smoking.

As far as the cost of smoking, taxes or not, the only one you have to blame is yourself, not the government. Not smoking is free you know? Taking responsibility help me quit.

My .02
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:33 pm

SheWolf wrote:

C'mon now, I seem to remember someone having a few too many Smirnoff Ices a while back. Fess up Wolf, you need a crutch like the rest of us. Very happy
Back to top Go down
WeaveR

WeaveR

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:30 pm

$20.50 for indian made cigs at the reservation. no tax, title or registration fees Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 pm

I did quit. Very happy I was preggers so I was being smart. Yeah me vex is my Smirnoff's. I don't drink all the time, but I do like to tie one on whenever I get the chance...which isn't a lot. Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:59 pm

I quit smoking a couple years ago and my pocket thanks me, I saw an ad the other day, 2 packs camel lights, 7.89 US EACH wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HIGH cost of smoking   The HIGH cost of smoking Empty

Back to top Go down

The HIGH cost of smoking
Page 1 of 1