Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lowering the WRR

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasy

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Decided to install a Moose (Devol) lowering knuckle.
Removed the old
Lowering the WRR GEDC0670
Lowering the WRR GEDC0672

Took red plugs and one piece of stuffing (guess they could not find a red plug the right size) out of the new knuckle and greased the needles good.
Lowering the WRR GEDC0674

Transfered the bearing bushings from the old to the new.
Lowering the WRR GEDC0676
Lowering the WRR GEDC0680

Installed the new knuckle
Lowering the WRR GEDC0685
Lowering the WRR GEDC0686
Lowering the WRR GEDC0687

Made sure the flats on the bolts were correctly aligned
Lowering the WRR GEDC0688

Didn't recheck after beginning to tighten the bolts--got a redo ( I had done this before and just had a brain fart) note the small indentation created in the frame mount by the edge of the bolt being misaligned--yep bolt is harder than the mount.
Lowering the WRR GEDC0693

Torqued it all down and lowered the forks in the trees by 1"--retorqued all bolts and I'm now flat footed!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Nice... Looks easier than replacing the link !

Don't forget to re-adjust your chain.

Last edited by X-Racer on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Quite a bit shorter than the Yamalink.

X-Racer

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Flat-footed is relative... What is the measured lowering ?

Short-stack over here wants to go llloooooooowwwer.

I keep asking her "How low can you go?" and she just smiles and says, "Low".

Low... Ri.... der... Rides a little lower.

...of course next will be the need for an aftermarket kick stand. Someone here did that. * thinking *
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:43 pm

You know what they say about a girl with dirty knees, Rob... Lowering the WRR 810411 Lowering the WRR 93746

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm not one to measure before and after--I just sit on it and see if it feels right. Anyway Moose says 1.75 inches, feels more like 1+ to me but like I say I didn't measure GAHHHH
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/product.jsp;jsessionid=4B4YW2F3PGDKZLA0WTVSM4VMDK0NCIV0?skuId=583767&store=Main&productId=p583763&catId=113&leafCatId=11307&mmyId=#fitment

X-Racer wrote:
Flat-footed is relative... What is the measured lowering ?

Short-stack over here wants to go llloooooooowwwer.

I keep asking her "How low can you go?" and she just smiles and says, "Low".

Low... Ri.... der... Rides a little lower.

...of course next will be the need for an aftermarket kick stand. Someone here did that. * thinking *
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:44 am

dang, didnt even know they made those....i have a link in mine..how much is that knuckle? Great write up too!! thumb
Back to top Go down
Akasy

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Cost   Lowering the WRR EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:07 am

check the link above, I didn't use them but the details are there--I got mine from my local private shop that discouts prices came to like $128

little squirt wrote:
dang, didnt even know they made those....i have a link in mine..how much is that knuckle? Great write up too!! thumb
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 am

Akasy wrote:
check the link above, I didn't use them but the details are there--I got mine from my local private shop that discouts prices came to like $128

little squirt wrote:

I installed the same thing on my bike .. with the Moose knuckle installed, lowering front a little, and a Corbin seat .. the bike is perfect height for me (I am 5'6-7)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lowering the WRR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowering the WRR   Lowering the WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowering the WRR
Page 1 of 1