Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
xcel

xcel

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Farmer17:

While I have not seen the final 3.0 gallon tank on the bike yet, the 2.8 gallon prototype accommodates both shrouds just as the WR's come from the factory. So factory you cannot tell the difference other than the color if you do not choose black and the plastic cap vs. OEM metal locking one.

If you want some more pics, let me know but it would be of Chuck's 2.8 gallon prototype, not the final 3.0 gallon tank everyone here will be receiving. And if I have not mentioned it already, that extra .7 to .9 gallons is so nice to have thumb

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 Coming_Together
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 2010_Yamaha_WR250X_-_Almost_Ready
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 Modded_2010_Yamaha_WR250X_2

Wayne

Last edited by xcel on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:49 pm

thank you xcel it is good to know that the shrouds will fit, i cant stand those repulsive safari's IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 527254 yes the 3 gallon tank will be awesome! nice looking bike btw i really wish i could have gotten an x but there arent many around and then i would have to get dirt wheels for it because i do a lot of off roading.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:31 pm

Put me down for one. I am trying to decide color. I zero out my counters every time I fill up so based on miles I have an idea how much gas I have in the tank. So I dont know how beneficial the natural color would be for me, and black I think would look better. Does any know how helpful the natural color tank would be?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:29 am

The natural you will be able to see the fuel when you look down into it. With the shrouds you won't see it as well as the 4.5 will, but you'll be able to see the fuel inside which is nice. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 61865 Fuck me I need a day off... IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 645337 As for free shipping, I asked Chuck and haven't heard back from him on that yet. He's been bashing heads at the shop to make sure this thing is exactly the way he wants it.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

put me in for natural
Back to top Go down
mhm2a

PostSubject: I am in......   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Put me down for one in natural after this weekends close call and its too hot to push.......
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:05 am

I was looking on the IMS website for warranty/guarantee for their tanks. I am going to email them asking about this but wondering if anyone has already done it?
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:05 am

SheWolf wrote:
Phil, they ship worldwide. Gary was asking the same thing about shipping to Singapore. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 61865 Want me to put you on the list?

The latest pictures make clear, I need to change over to black colour. Please put me on list for black coloured tank.. No natural coloured tank for me, even though I used to like them. Thanks a lot!

(Otherwise some strange white/black/white pattern would result.)

Kind regards, Phil
Back to top Go down
e010584

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 am

Just bought a WRX an now need a tank. Put me down for a black 3.

Thx,

John
Back to top Go down
mhm2a

PostSubject: Already asked?   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Will the flatland or force radiator guards work with the Ims 3.0 gallon? I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find it.

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 pm

SheWolf, please switch me over to BLACK color.

Also, I was curious about warranty and spoke to them on the phone. 30 day written and 12 month friendly.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Yes, the rad guards will fit. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 am

Is it too late to get in on this? I'll be looking for a black tank when they become available. If I missed the bus, totaly understand, but thought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
riata

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am

I'd like a black one also
Any hints when they are going to ship?
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 pm

i am thinking of getting one but i would like to know when the deadline is so i dont miss it figuring out if i should get one
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:18 pm

When I spoke to them on the phone this week, they told me it would be a few more weeks. They had it all finished up but it was only 2.7 or 2.8 gallons so they are back to the drawing board. They want it to be 3 gallons, no less.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 am

Indeed. Chuck's sent more pics with the expanded molds; it's just a matter of getting it poured and tested. I keep bugging him about his head going bald from pulling out his hair over this. But, as he's said before, he's not going to release it until it's exactly what he wants. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 61865

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Just got another note from Chuck.

Warranty; the official statement is as follows, but we take each situation
individually and on its own merits then we could replace, refund or even offer a
discount on a new tank. It just depends on the issues; we try to do the right
thing.

“All items not manufactured by IMS
carry the original manufacturer’s warranty, and IMS makes no warranty or
representation, express or implied, with respect to such products. Products
manufactured by IMS are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials or
workmanship for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of shipment. Any item
which we judge to be defective will be repaired or replaced, or the purchase
price refunded, at our option. This limited warranty of IMS is expressly in lieu
of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including merchantability or
fitness for a particular purpose. IMS will not accept any liability for any
accidental or consequential damages incurred with respect to the purchase,
sales, or use of the products warranty. The buyer assumes all risk and liability
for the use of these products, whether used singly or in combination with other
products.”

I think they call that lawyer speak
or boiler plate, something! Just contact IMS and we will work something
out.

Shipping free? No, sorry just the
$25 off retail.

Locking gas cap for the IMS tank, no
sorry. I didn’t know of any but looked and found a website that said they had a
locking cap for the IMS KLR650 tank. IMS makes two versions for Hayes
Diversified Technologies (a KLR650 based diesel motorcycle) with two different
filler necks one IMS thread and the other Kawasaki thread. When Fred builds a bike for
the Military he uses the Kawasaki cap when he sells a tank for the stock
KLR (gas) bike he offers it with the IMS cap. So, to find out what KLR650.com
was selling I ordered one. Turned out the cap was made by Acerbis for Acerbis
threads and not for IMS or Kawasaki threads. This cap will barely catch
the last ½ to ¾ turn on our filler neck but is has a larger inside diameter then
ours and I can not recommend it, too scary!!!

We got our first tank out of Frankenstein today and it held 3.2 gallons without
the pump!!!!???? Yea, officially 3.1+ gallons with the pump!

Frankie still needs some work on the
left side shroud mounting and there are some pits to be filled in from all of
the welding but the end is near.

[/size]

So there you have it. The locking gas cap from Acerbis WILL NOT FIT the IMS tank. The tank holds just over 3 gallons.

Happy Happy! IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 525406 IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 379944

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:14 pm

THANK YOU!!! wings wings wings
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:15 am

3.1 gal -> 11.75 liters, very nice! thumb
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:19 am

deerHater wrote:
3.1 gal -> 11.75 liters, very nice! thumb
what is amazing is how the ims looks stock w/ the side covers.
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/ims-oversized-tanks-t2168-160.htm

i posted some ims goodies on adv:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13823732&postcount=90
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Are you still adding names Shewolf?? I'm 95% sure I would like to be on the list for a black one. Do we have a cut-off date for the pre-sale sign up yet?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Chuck hasn't given the deadline yet, so the list is still open. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Alright, put me down for a black one. There shouldn't be any flaws in the first run since they're extensively testing/refining before release right??
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm still puzzled do I want to 3.1gal or the 4.5 one... :(

Oh my oh my... can't make up my mind... Help me choose!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next