Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
gordo5

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks Zed. 600g is around 1.3 pounds, so not bad for high up weight. If you can scroung up the numbers that would be great, but did that comparison include the gas caps?

When I said I was hoping to knock off 10 pds, I didn't mean I was aiming at 250#. I'm not living in fantasy land cry I'm sitting around 298 right now, and hope to knock 10 pds off of that. Should be doable, but it means giving up some farkles, some of which I kinda like scratch
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:19 am

I finally bought and installed the IMS 3.1 gal fuel tank. I was heading down to southern AZ to do some winter riding with a few friends and needed the extra range. We rode three days near Benson, AZ and a half day near TorC, NM on the way home. As it turned out, I coulda got by with the stock tank because we were only doing 110 - 120 mile rides, but I'm glad I had the IMS tank on the bike for peace of mind.

I went with the stock fuel pump gasket and had no leaks, weeps, or seeps, so I guess this problem is behind me. My install description shows how I think IMS fixed the problem. Weights and measures near the end of the report: Fuel tank <-- linky
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:05 pm

ramz wrote:
I went with the stock fuel pump gasket and had no leaks, weeps, or seeps, so I guess this problem is behind me. My install description shows how I think IMS fixed the problem. Weights and measures near the end of the report: Fuel tank <-- linky
Nice write-up, thanks for that. thumb
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:54 pm

ramz wrote:
I finally bought and installed the IMS 3.1 gal fuel tank. I was heading down to southern AZ to do some winter riding with a few friends and needed the extra range. We rode three days near Benson, AZ and a half day near TorC, NM on the way home. As it turned out, I coulda got by with the stock tank because we were only doing 110 - 120 mile rides, but I'm glad I had the IMS tank on the bike for peace of mind.

Super write-up! bow

Thank you for sharing. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25