Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Rider_WV

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 am

If it really is available in March I will be in for a natural or maybe a white(if they offer white) 5 gal tank. A bigger tank is the main reason I procrastinated in buying a WR, the Safari just isnt big enough.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:32 am

No updates yet, I'll shoot Chuck another dingle and pick his peanut. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 61865

The price has been set at $399, I posted that a couple of pages ago. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 93746

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 am

SheWolf wrote:
No updates yet, I'll shoot Chuck another dingle and pick his peanut. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 61865

The price has been set at $399, I posted that a couple of pages ago. IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 93746

So, $399 is the regular retail price or will it go up after introduction?

Thanks,
John
Back to top Go down
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I'll probably be getting one- but I have to see a finished product on a bike first.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Bumpity Dadgum Bumpity........ amazon
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 pm

SheWolf wrote:

I was relieved to still see my name at the top of the list.
Holding tight and waiting for the go ahead to order.
Back to top Go down
leftystrat62

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Came across this one recently,and if it's still possible to get on this list-I'm in for a clear tank.
Back to top Go down
vasculopath

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 am

I'm in for a big tank! Make mine Black.
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Anyone buying a new 4.5 want to sell their 3g? Apologies if there's a buy/sell forum thread I should use instead.

I'm in for a new 4.5g tank. Please add me to the list, thanks!
Back to top Go down
MidContinent Rider

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Sign me up for a 4.5 gallon tank in blue.
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Delay on Tank   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 am

Just spoke with IMS this past Friday and was told the tank has been tabled and it's going to be quite some time yet. Explained to the guy that I was wanting a tank before April and he said they wouldn't be able to deliver. Had to go with a Safari not knowing if this tank is even going to happen or not.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Official news please   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am

That would be very, very disappointing.

Shewolf - can you confirm this officially please? It looked like the tanks were practically on the verge of being shipped. eeek

Thinair - looks like I'm in the same position as you. In the meantime I'm going to give CORE Racing a call to see if they have any Safari tanks... baldy
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:27 am

thinair wrote:
Just spoke with IMS this past Friday and was told the tank has been tabled and it's going to be quite some time yet. Explained to the guy that I was wanting a tank before April and he said they wouldn't be able to deliver. Had to go with a Safari not knowing if this tank is even going to happen or not.

If that's confirmed I'll get something else. End of March or bust Suspect
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: To Confirm   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 pm

As far as confirmation is concerned I suggest a simple phone call to them. What was told to me is that the project was set aside and it will be some time yet. What I got from the conversation (without grilling him) was that I wouldn't wait on them if you wanted a tank within a month, perhaps longer. What piqued my interest in IMS was lower price, higher volume, and perhaps better function. Looks could be better than Safari, but if I wanted good looks on a moto bike I'd ride a Ducati instead of my GS1200 or R2. The Safari is on its way. thumb
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks for the info.

I'm still going to give SheWolf/Chuck the courtesy of hearing a more official projection of when the tanks will be available. I've been pretty open about what and when I need a tank so it's only normal that I will have to look at alternatives to meet my requirements. Thankfully I've checked and there is a new white Safari (with discount) at CoreRacing should the 4.5g fall through. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 pm

edteamslr wrote:
Thanks for the info.

I'm still going to give SheWolf/Chuck the courtesy of hearing a more official projection of when the tanks will be available. I've been pretty open about what and when I need a tank so it's only normal that I will have to look at alternatives to meet my requirements. Thankfully I've checked and there is a new white Safari (with discount) at CoreRacing should the 4.5g fall through. Fingers crossed.

Yep, I got a pretty good discount from a small local bike shop on the Sarfari. The Safari has a track record and I really don't need more capacity as I always carry a small fuel container for the "d'oh" moments when I get a little careless with calculations and just don't quite get there. Been there, done that.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 pm

lurk
I still have 2 tanks to buy as a graduation present to myself...
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

What is it about owning a wrr that says 'torment me' to the am tank makers? This is looking just like the safari ordeal all over again.

If you can, put me on the list as 'almost certain', keeping in mind that I booted that early safari tank back to ups when I learned it was nearly a gallon under advertised capacity.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:34 pm

speedfiend wrote:
What is it about owning a wrr that says 'torment me' to the am tank makers? This is looking just like the safari ordeal all over again.
IMS already put out a 3.1 gallon tank that works well and looks great. It's also cheaper than the big one. If I didn't expect to ride 200+ miles between possible gas stops, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I don't think they're doing anything to "torment" WRr/x owners. The bike only really caught on with the market in the last year or so; the aftermarket doesn't just pop up to produce parts for every brand new bike. It isn't profitable.

What is it about WRr/x owners that makes them so outrageously difficult for vendors to work with? scratch
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 pm

dysco wrote:

What is it about WRr/x owners that makes them so outrageously difficult for vendors to work with? scratch

Simple. There just aren't enough of us buying the bike for (most of) the vendors to be bothered.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Well they were obviously bothered enough to put a lot of work into the 4.5 so if they cancel it now I have to assume they screwed up the project somehow and it's not viable.

Some solid info would be appreciated either way so I might continue on with my rotopax plans that got interrupted when I stumbled across this planned tank that seemed ready for marketing. dddog
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:35 pm

speedfiend wrote:
Well they were obviously bothered enough to put a lot of work into the 4.5 so if they cancel it now I have to assume they screwed up the project somehow and it's not viable.

Some solid info would be appreciated either way so I might continue on with my rotopax plans that got interrupted when I stumbled across this planned tank that seemed ready for marketing. dddog

Or maybe they heard the WR450R is going to be released and all the adventure types are going to hop on that train.... ha ha. Really though you really should call them and get the skinny for yourself right from the horses mouth, then you'll know for sure. Maybe I just caught someone who received the umteenth phone call about that tank and was tired of answering questions about it and just said it's tabled and will be quite some time yet. I never heard him say "never" or any other indication of technical issues with it. Perhaps, like Yamaha Australia, a manufacturer has contacted them to build a boatload of tanks for a certain bike and they've dropped all other projects to work on another. Who knows, but you can speculate all you want until you make the call.

This is no big deal as there is a great tank out there at an outrageous price already that will do the job for 95% of the adventure crowd already. Buy the Safari, feel gouged, put it on and smile. Stick a fuel bottle or bag in the pack and ride long into the wilderness and you'll never care about the american tank that never was...
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I went through that safari jerkaround and it'll be a cold day....yeah I can hold a grudge. Also I had an Acerbis 6 gal on my XR400 for years and 3 gallons just can't satisfy me anymore. I need something bigger.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Ed - for your gig it would probably be worthwhile to get a 3.1 or a safari and carry a 2gal rotopax or the like on the side.

I'd love to know what the production delays are though, beyond maybe the 3.1gal tanks either aren't selling fast enough, they've sold enough of them that they don't think they'll sell enough 4.5's, or they've sunk too much money into the 4.5 to get a reasonable return on investment if/when it eventually gets finished.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 am

Skierd - thanks Dude. You're right, I think that's the best option and I might just have to bite off the arm on the Safari deal, as sorry as I'll be not to be getting the full 5gallons. It'll take more than this news though to diminish the impeding sense of excitment about setting off for 6months on this little bike! I just can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 7 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next