Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Chadx

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm

PM sent for natural. I'll put it on my WRR and move the Safari to my wife's (she doesn't know that yet and I bet she doesn't want it on there. We'll see how that goes).

Regarding the extras that come with the tank, will they have the same additions as the Safari tank? Such as:
Reshaped left black plastic fuse panel cover or will be have to cut the stock or will it work with the stock one?
Are they going to include a relief valve baffle to attach to the fuel pump? Seems a good idea to redirect/splash fuel down the fuel pump to cool it since it will be exposed to more air than gas for longer with each tank of gas. When I have the gas cap off of my natural Safari, I can see it is really doing a good job of splashing the relief valve fuel back on the pump to cool it.

Is this tank sized correctly to allow for various radiator guards? The safari tanks seemed to have one small rub spot with certain radiator guards, but that went away when the gas tanks were raised slightly with spacers and it improved the seat and panel fit.

I'll be curious how much of the capacity is above the fuel pump and how much is below. My safari tank holds about 3.6 usable gallons. After 2.8 gallons, the secondary pumps action is what keeps the primary pump fed. Meaning if my secondary pump was not pumping, I could burn 2.8 gallons of fuel before I run out. On a day to day basis, this is the point at which I refuel. No worries if I am on a ride and burn more fuel, but if I'm close to a gas station, I fill. I figure it's better for the pump to be deeper in fuel, so baby it. Besides, even refilling after 2.8 gallons is way more than the stock tank (I refueled after burning around 1.5 or 1.6 gallons on that tank). I'm hoping that this big IMS tank used the basic mold of the IMS 3 gallon so there will be around 3 or 4 gallons available before the fuel pump is relying on the secondary pump.

Looking forward to even more capacity and fewer fuel stops.
Back to top Go down
EnderTheX

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi! I would like to go in for one in NATURAL color. Very happy

I would also like to know all the stuff Chadx is asking freaky

When do you think the buy will happen? What is the ETA?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:59 am

MOAR pics!! wings

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 Wr71_010

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 Wr71_011

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 Wr71_012

So these are the pics showing the fuel system delivery from the wings. Interesting concept, I have to admit! I'll fire Chuck off an e-mail with those questions and see what's what on this. Good questions for sure, hopefully he's got answers to them. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 am

Looks like much more flexible fuel line than the ridged tubing in the Safari. Glad to see the brass ends on the pickup lines to help hold the lines down on the bottom of the wing. The inline filter isn't a bad idea either.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:26 am

Quote :
The inline filter isn't a bad idea either.
I wonder how you change/clean the filter? Fish the fuel line out of the tank with a hook? It looks about long enough to allow you to get to the filter...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

If it isn't, one could install a longer hose so you could get it out to change easily enuf. It should come that way tho one would think. Firing off another e-mail.... Very happy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:36 am

looks like the "wing" pickups are bolted in place? Kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, they've used this system on the Aprilia tanks and had great success with it.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:41 am

vasculopath wrote:

I don't think the wing pickups are bolted in place. I think those are just to weight the pickup ends to keep them down in the bottom of the wings. It would be quite difficult to bolt them in place (reaching down inside the tank). The only way to easily do that would be to have a hole cut in the bottom of each wing and securing it that way (through the tank) but more holes = more places for a leak to develop. So I think these are just weighted and held in place by good old gravity.
Back to top Go down
EnderTheX

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Chadx wrote:
vasculopath wrote:

I don't think the wing pickups are bolted in place. I think those are just to weight the pickup ends to keep them down in the bottom of the wings. It would be quite difficult to bolt them in place (reaching down inside the tank). The only way to easily do that would be to have a hole cut in the bottom of each wing and securing it that way (through the tank) but more holes = more places for a leak to develop. So I think these are just weighted and held in place by good old gravity.

In that most recent middle picture it sure looks like they are bolted through the bottom of the wings... I wonder how protected that is during a crash, wouldn't want to rip off the bolt and spill fuel.. I'm thinking of ways to further reinforce this area.
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:04 pm

EnderTheX wrote:

In that most recent middle picture it sure looks like they are bolted through the bottom of the wings... I wonder how protected that is during a crash, wouldn't want to rip off the bolt and spill fuel.. I'm thinking of ways to further reinforce this area.

That used to worry me on a couple of Acerbis tanks I had as the petcocks were there and super exposed. Never broke one in an off bike incident though, and there were several.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:10 pm

EnderTheX wrote:

I stand corrected. I whipped through those pics too quick and didn't look close enough at the middle one. Will definitely be a spot to keep an eye on when first installed and over the years and after every crash, stick impact, etc.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Got my black one paid for. Can't wait! thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 am

Again, guys...if your name is or isn't on the list, and you want to get in on the group disc. buy...PLEASE PM ME.

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:32 am

omg when is it coming out? lol
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 am

They're cranking them out right now. I'd day next week sometime they'll probably shiP. poser2 Damned typos. Thanks Eric. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:26 am

SheWolf wrote:
They're cranking them out right now. I'd day next week sometime they'll probably shiP. poser2 Damned typos. Thanks Eric. Very happy

thnx! can't wait for some reviews and installed pics on this badboy. 4 gal tank? that's gnarly lol. with it my x should get about 400+km range instead of 200
Back to top Go down
trinc4me

PostSubject: Blue IMS 4.5   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Sent you a PM - Blue for me
Back to top Go down
EnderTheX

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:21 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Awesome! I just paypal paid for a natural tank... I checked and my info is updated on the spreadsheet Very happy

Thanks for putting together the group buy!!!!!!!!!! wings
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:34 pm

EnderTheX wrote:

Awesome! I just paypal paid for a natural tank... I checked and my info is updated on the spreadsheet Very happy

Paid for mine as well. But I'm still waiting for the X to be marked paid. Very happy
Back to top Go down
trinc4me

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:38 pm

trav72 wrote:
EnderTheX wrote:

Paid for mine as well. But I'm still waiting for the X to be marked paid. Very happy

Me too Very happy
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:43 pm

trinc4me wrote:

Me too Very happy

I just checked again. I'm marked paid. thumb
Back to top Go down
trinc4me

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 pm

trav72 wrote:
trinc4me wrote:

Me too Very happy

I just checked again. I'm marked paid. thumb

Me too thumb
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: I want one   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:53 pm

I want one. Natural color >>> see the fuel level.

I PM'd a question to you SheWolf.
Back to top Go down
TierHawg

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 pm

In for the BLUE one. PayPal sent.

pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 18 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next